Chapter 28: Alone Together

Art by me!

———————————

Days later..

Christmas Day. It's finally here. To Kris, it was just like every other day, since he never wanted nor did the rest of his adoptive family came to see him for Christmas.

However, things were different this time. And this time it wasn't like any other day. With all of these new supportive people and friends he was surrounded by, this time, Kris can officially call this "Christmas" again.

But for Flowey, he's never experienced Christmas. And yet, he didn't want to right now. He was in his flowerbed in his room, away from the positive commotion that was being held in the living room.

So many things were running through his mind that he couldn't be around anyone right now. And the fact that he still didn't know what was going on with himself didn't help either. With his head lowered, he just thought..

And thought..

And thought...

....

"And that's why Sherk 2 is the best Shrek movie." Susie said, concluding her explanation to Mae as they both sat on the couch.

"Dude! That's like-so true!" Mae responded excitedly.

"H-hey guys, h-have you seen Flowey?" Kris asked, holding the flowerpot he decorated with stickers.

"I think he should be in our room." Monika said unexpectedly.

"A-alright. Thanks."

Kris started walking towards Flowey and Monika's room. He's noticed that Flowey hasn't been himself lately. Or...like his usual 'Flowey-self'. And he was concerned.

The last time something like this happened was 8 years ago.

Back when they first met.

Kris was about to knocked on the door, when he heard...crying? And..sobbing from the other side..

The boy grew even more concerned as he opened the door slowly.

"Flowey?" He called out in worried tone. The flower slowly looked up with his watery eyes and saw his friend standing in the doorway. He quickly walked over to the flower and sat down next to him, placing the flowerpot down as well.

And despite half of his face covered by his long bangs, he had scared, confusion, worry and sadness written on his face as he looked at Flowey.

"F-Flowey w-what's wrong?! W-why are you crying?" Kris said, a wave of worried ness never left him.

Flowey didn't respond as he traveled into the decorated flowerpot that sat on the floor. Kris then carefully picked him and looked in dead in the eyes.

"Please...please tell me.." He spoke softly.

Tears fell down the flower's cheek as he stared at the boy. Neither of them spoke another word. Seconds later, Kris embraced the flower in a hug.

Flowey nuzzled in Kris' chest as he continued to cry and sob. And Kris only hugged him tighter.

They sat for a few minutes as Flowey started to calm down, making silence fill the room.

"How are you so strong?" Flowey's voice was shaky as he spoke.

"Hmm?"

"How are you so strong?" He repeated.

Hesitation took over Kris before he spoke again.

"Flowey..I-I'm...I'm not strong.."

"Yes you are.