Chapter 23: Reunion

Art by me!

————————————

Weeks later, December had rolled around making the weather colder and colder, the days getting shorter. Everyday was getting closer to Christmas and with that, the house was soon decorated with various Christmas decorations and Christmas lights outside. And to top it all off, a beautiful and perfect size Christmas tree, filled to the brim with different ornaments of all their choices, garland, and a beautiful star to finish it off.

The neighbor had stepped out minutes ago to retrieve a certain someone, who was coming back today.

The neighbor wanted it to be surprise, so he didn't tell anyone where he was driving off to. But the day still went on with everyone's shenanigans. Nothing really changed.

30 minutes later, the front door unlocked, letting in the cold and light snowfall. Everyone in the living room looked up at the opened door.

The neighbor walked in with his coat and so did Kris. The neighbor had given him a coat before they had gotten back, considering how cold it's got, the boy really needed one.

Everyone jumped up from their seats.

"KRIS!!"

The door closed as the two took off their coats and hanged them on rack.

Kris was immediately tackled into a group hug. He fell to the floor with a 'thud', surrounded by just about everyone.

"Kris! We missed you!"

"How was it there?"

"Are you feeling a little better?"

"What did they do to you?!"

"Are you-"

"Ok perhaps we should do this on the couch." The neighbor suggested.

Realization hit everyone, noticing the floor by the door nonetheless, wasn't the best place to talk. They agreed to finish the conversation on the more comfier couch.

Kris smiled and followed them to the living room.

He was pretty happy to be back himself.

^^^^^^^

"I'm glad ya got the help ya needed." Bendy smiled.

Kris did as well. He looked around the room, noticing that his roomie isn't even gathered within the group.

"W-where's Mae?"

"Taking a cat nap. She missed ya." Kris smiled. He missed her too.

"So are on any medication?" Sal asked.

Kris nods.

"Yeah, I-I have to take my medication each day a-and I have to go to therapy e-every Monday now."

The neighbor nods, arms crossed.

"Have you...tried it out yet?" Fran asked.

"N-no I just got it today, b-but I'm going to have to take one tonight."

"Oh ok.."

'I do hope nothing bad happens when takes those pills...' Fran thought nervously.

"Where's your therapy going to held?" Monika asked.

"It's um, n-not to far from here, just a little out of town and I-I've already met my therapist. He's p-pretty nice and he likes the things I-I like too."