Chapter 13: K + M

Art by me!

(Woo wee! Here comes another long one with a slight TRIGGER WARNING⚠️! It's not big though, don't worry.)

————————————

'You're nothing!'
'You're disgusting!'
'You're a freak!'
'You're a disappointment!"
'You're pathetic!'
'You're worthless!'
'You're a burden!'
'You're a monster!'
'You don't deserve love!'
'You belong no where!'
'You will never be important because you don't mean anything to anyone!'
'And you never will!'
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"..ris.."
.
.
"..k..ris.."
"...kris"
.
"KRIS!"

Kris immediately shot up from his bed. He slowly looked to his right to find Mae sitting next to him, eyes wide.

"Oh my god. Dude are you ok?' She asked.

Kris didn't answer right away. His heart was pounding and his breath quickened. He turned away slowly from Mae when he felt a tear go down his face. He cradled his arms close to him.

"..I'm fine" he said with a shaky tone.

"You don't look fine!"

"...r-really I-I'm fine.."

"Dude. You were moving around so much that it woke me up. And you were crying and gripping your chest like you were in pain. I got worried so I tried to wake you up."

Kris stayed quiet.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Kris slowly shock his head.

"..I'm sorry Mae."

"About what?"

"..A-about making you worry a-about me and w-waking you up" Kris stuttered, voice still shaky.

"No dude it's ok! You just looked like you having a really bad dream and I didn't want you to sleep through that."

"Oh..."

There was a few seconds of silence before Kris spoke up again. He slowly turned his head back towards Mae.

"Hey Mae.."

"Yeah"

"I..I'm sorry I-I didn't hang out with you and Sal a-and Fran."

"Duuddde. Stop apologizing. It's totally fine. You didn't feel like, so I didn't force you."

Kris didn't respond. There was a few more seconds of silence.

"You know what?" Mae started.

Kris perked his head up.

"We should hang out! Just the two of us!" She said raising her arms in air.

"R-Really?"

"Yeah! I want to hang out with you!"

Kris lowered his head and turned away slightly.

"Why me?"

"Because I think your cool and I want to know to get to know you more." Mae confessed.

'She wants to hang out with me because she thinks I'm..cool?!'

Kris didn't believe it. The comment just seemed like a complete joke to him. He didn't think he was cool at all, let alone interesting or fun to be around.

"I-I'm not that interesting really. I..I don't know why y-you would want to hang out with someone like me. I-I think you're more fun a-and interesting than I would ever be honestly." Kris said, giving a weak smile.