Chapter 25: Unexpected

Art by me!

————————————

Cold.

Just like every December morning.

The snow gently falls from the sky and your bed is warm.

It makes you want to cuddle up in bed and get under some nice-

"BBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Kris and Mae screamed as they both shot up from their beds. They look over on Kris' small wardrobe and see Flowey on it with an air horn next to him.

"Get up. You've been sleeping forever." Flowey said to Kris.

The boy groaned, plopping his head back on his pillow, rubbing his eyes.

"Flowey i-it's still early..."

"It's 11:00."

"...oh.."

"Yeah. Get up, you have 5 minutes. I'll be waiting for you by the door." Flowey said, as he traveled back through his flowerpot.

Mae sighed, plopping back on her bed too.

"Well that was unnecessary." She said.

"Y-yeah.." Kris got up again and sat at the edge of the bed, grabbing his phone from under his pillow.

"C-could you wait outside t-the room Mae? I-I wanna change." Kris asked.

Mae sluggishly got up from her bed. "Sure thing dude." She groaned tiredly, walking out the door and closing it.

Minutes later, Kris came out in his usual attire and his backpack.

"Why the backpack?" Mae asked.

"I-I just don't want to c-carry Flowey around so much, so I-I have this to make it easier."

"Makes scene." Mae yawned.

"Y-you know y-you can go back to sleep right?"

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea." She yawned again and started walking back into the room.

"Have fun." Mae waved tiredly before closing the door.

Kris smiled as he walked downstairs to meet up with his best friend. Just like he said, Flowey was waiting by the door for Kris. The boy walked over to the coat rack and picked up his coat.

"Took you long enough." Flowey bragged.

Kris didn't respond, putting on his coat and shoes. He then picked up Flowey and put his flowerpot part in Kris' backpack, leaving only a little bit of it open for Flowey to actually see and everything.

"W-we'll be back." Kris said to everyone. The neighbor looked back from the coach and nodded.

"Have fun you two." He smiled, before suddenly shouting at Bendy.

"Bendy! Stop running after Cuphead with scissors!"

Kris smiled as he walked out the door with Flowey on his back.

^^^^^^^^^

"S-so what do you want to do?" Kris asked as he just walked on the 1 inch of snow already on the ground, not really having a destination yet.

"Uhhhhh.." Flowey thought out loud trying to figure that out himself.

"Oh w-wait. I have an i-idea actually. Come on." Kris said, as he they headed into town.

The two soon ended up in an art store that held lots and different variety of art supplies, but Kris had another idea in mind. One where it didn't need any fancy materials.