26.Good Times and Good Secrets

The following day was eventful. Peter read out loud the newspaper that featured the exodus of Abnegation children. He tried to push my buttons by mentioning my father, but he made the mistake of involving Tris' father. This sent her into a frenzy. She lunged at Molly for the all false things she said in the interview. I was ready to hold Molly down when Will pulled Tris away. I knew my father was a monster, but to attack Tris' was uncalled for. I knew him as kind and caring. Nothing like Molly made him out to be.

The five of us left the dorms. Al was giving Christina a piggyback ride, while Will and Tris walked behind them. We approached the chasm when I heard my brother's laugh.

"Is that Four?" Tris asked. The chasm was filled with people enjoying themselves. Music filled the chasm.

"Did we just walk into a party?" Christina asked excitedly. Tris kept looking at Tobias. I watched her for a moment. When she noticed I was watching her she became shy.

"Theo! Catch!" Zeke yelled from the bridge above the chasm where he stood with Tobias and some other people. He had pulled his arm back and launched something into the air.  I reacted and caught the cold can of beer. "Nice! Don't say I never gave you anything!"

"Thanks!" I yelled.

"How are you so accepted by the Dauntless born. I mean from the beginning, they've treated you like one of them" Will asked.

"I guess it's my charming personality." I cracked open the beer as it exploded and I quickly put my lips to it so not to waste it. "And they recognize talent, my friend" I place my hand on Will's shoulder. "To which I naturally have" I offered him the drink.

"Right" Will laughed and took a sip.

"Can you use your talent to get us drinks?" Christina asked.

"Of course! Hey Zeke!" I left the group and ran over to Zeke and Tobias. I recognized a few faces and said hi.

"Hey Theo!" Zeke said excited and obviously drunk. "Guys this is my soon to be sister in law!"

"Aww is this Uriah's girlfriend?" one the girls asked.

"Uhhh..." I wanted to walk away right then and there when Zeke answered.

"NO!" Zeke yelled. "She broke his heart!" he turned and yelled it at me. "But I see how she looks at him, you can't hide it from Zeke" I tried not to laugh as I smelled the alcohol on his breath and placed an arm around me. "I know they'll get married one day." I looked over to Tobias who was just laughing.

"Ok you know what this was great, I'm just gonna go" I tried to leave.

"No, no, no you drink with us!" Zeke held me in place.

"Well see" I lifted his arm off of me. "I'm hanging out with some friends and I would hate to leave them." I pointed over to Tris, Al, Christina and Will.

"Hey! Transfers, come hangout with us!" Zeke yelled.

"No!" Tobias pushed Zeke lightly. "I'm in charge of them, they can't see me drunk" I gave Tobias and amused look and he shrugged. The group made their way over and Zeke handed them each a beer.

"Alright you rascals, in exchange for the beer you pretend you didn't see big bad Dauntless leader Four like this. Understood?" The group shook their heads. Will, Al, and Christina walked away with their beers.

"I'll catch up!" I yelled as I noticed Tobias stopped Tris and had a quiet conversation. I pretended to listen to Zeke talk, but watched the interaction between my brother and Tris. I saw him lean in close to her, close like he was going to kiss her and then he pulled away. Tris was smiling at whatever Tobias told her. What did he tell her? Tris walked away and Tobias was watching her. When he turned to face me he had a dumb look on his face.