23. Why...

I reached the last step of the stairs and felt mentally exhausted. I just wanted to not think about anything. I just wanted to be distracted. I tapped my knuckles on Eric's apartment door and waited impatiently. I could heard someone approaching the door. Before Eric could say anything I slid inside and walked over the huge window. I half expected Eric to say some smart ass comment, but he just stood behind me. I felt his arms snake around my waist and I leaned back into him. I oddly felt at peace. His strong arms felt gentle around me. I turned around and faced him. My head leaned on his chest and my arms wrapped around him. He didn't say anything, I wasn't sure if it was because there was nothing to say or if he expected me to say something.

"Uriah is upset with me" I felt his body react as he still said nothing. "I told him how I felt."

"How do you feel?" He pulled away in order to see my face. 

"I don't." I met his eyes. "I don't feel the same way for him as he does me." I pulled away from him and walked over to the couch. Sitting down I pulled my knees toward me and rested my chin on them. Eric joined me and sat on the coffee table facing me. "I care about him and he is someone I consider an actual friend, but that's it."

"And you told him this?" Eric asked curiously.

"Pretty much." I shrugged. Eric watched her face closely and waited for me to continue. "What?" I prompted.

"I don't know. You're tell me how there's nothing between you two." Eric clenched his jaw. "yet what I've seen says different."

"What have you seen?" I straightened up. He still watched me carefully.

"Why are concerned with what I may have seen?" His pierced eyebrow curved upward.

"Why are we even having this conversation?" I raised my arms annoyed.

"Why are you avoiding answering the question?" Eric clenched his jaw and flexed his arm. I stood up and towered over him.

"What are you really asking Eric? And no more bullshit why questions." I said annoyed with his attitude. He stood up towering over me. 

"Is there anything between you and Uriah?" His cold blue eyes locked onto mine. 

"No" I matched his intensity.

"Could there ever be anything between you?"

"I don't know, maybe." Eric did not like my answer.

"Do you want anything to happen between you?" Eric shifted his body becoming closer to me.

"No" I answered honestly.

"Why?"

"Because I don't feel the same way I do for-" I stopped myself from finishing that statement and he took notice.

"For who?" Eric lowered his face closer to me. He was close enough that I could see his icy blue eyes I liked looking at. I refused to answer his question and started to create space. We both knew I who I was going to say. I knew I felt something for Eric, but I still didn't know what. I didn't even know what it felt like to be in love, but I knew I didn't love him. What I did know was I had never felt the way I did with Caleb or Uriah. I didn't crave their touch. I didn't replay in my head what their lips felt like. Not like I did with Eric. I could see Eric starting to get impatient. He pulled me closer to him and asked again. "Who Theo?"

"You" The moment the word left my lips they were met with his. His fingers snaked themselves into my hair and gave a small tug. I moaned into him and felt his lips curve upwards. His free hand was delicate and soft on my waist. This was what I had thought about in every spare moment. His lips move in sync with mine. My hands gripped his shirt pulling his closer and then pushed him backwards on to the coffee table. I was quick to straddle his lap and his hands found themselves on the curve of my ass. I nipped at his neck teasing him. I let out gasp as his hands gripped handfuls of me and he took advantage returning my lips to his. I could feel him become eager underneath me just as I started pulse. I pulled away to meet his icy eyes. I bit my lip and looked toward the bed and back to his lust filled eyes. Instinctively he returned his lips to mine stood up carrying me to the bed never breaking away. I fell backward onto the plush bed. Eric was on top me me supporting his weight with one hand above me and the other on my hip. His thumb rubbed circles over the exposed skin. My hands had met his bare skin underneath his shirt and lifted it off of him in seconds. I wanted to feel his warmth on my already hot skin. Sensing what I was thinking Eric had pulled my shirt over my head and thrown it across the room. He paused. Why did he stop? Was he judging me? Was I not pretty enough and he was having second thoughts? This was the farthest I had ever done with anyone. Subconsciously I moved my hands from him and covered myself. Eric grabbed my hands and put them over my head.