10. A Proposition

The next morning I had showered and got ready. When I returned to the dorm I noticed Tris pulling her sheets off. I looked at her bed then mine and it was spray painted with the word Stiff. I looked over at Peter and Drew watching us and laughing. I went to help Tris pull the sheets off of her bed and then she helped me change mine. Al walked in and finished helping Tris make her bed. I no longer felt guilty about Drew. I walked over to the bathroom with a bucket to clean the bed frame until I had a thought. I filled the bucket all the way with water and walked to Peter and Drew's bunk. It was convenient they slept next to each other I thought as I threw water on their beds.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Peter pulled me back.

"Returning the favor" I pushed the bucket into his chest.

"You're gonna pay for that" Peter growled inches from my face.

"I'll be waiting." I walked out of the dorm room and to the dinning hall. Tris, Al, and Christina caught up with me.

"Ok do you have a death wish?" Christina asked. "You know Peter is now coming after you?"

"You didn't have to do that" Tris spoke up.

"What was I supposed to do stay quiet and let him walk all over me?" I prompted before sitting down at our table. "We're not in Abnegation anymore Tris, you'll eventually have to stand up to him." I placed some eggs on my plate. "Otherwise he's going to keep shitting on you."

"I don't need you fighting my battles Theo." Tris' seemed upset.

"I didn't" I took a bite out of my toast.

"You kinda did back there with Peter." Al had spoke up.

"No I called him out for messing with my bunk." Uriah had joined us at the table next to us. "I wasn't sticking up for you Tris, if that's what you thought."

"Whoa, what's happening? Who messed with your bunk?" Uriah said through a mouthful of food.

"Peter wrote Stiff on Tris's and Theo's bunk." Christina explained. "And then Theo threw water on his bed and pretty much earned a permanent spot on his shitlist."

"I could give 2 shits about Peter and Drew or their shitlist." I finished my eggs. "I'm not going to let them fuck with my stuff while I stand there and do nothing."

"Whoa language missy" Zeke joined the table.

"That's my girl" Uriah placed his arm around me.

"Your what?" Tobias had joined us at the table. Uriah had pulled his arm away from me.

"His girl apparently" Zeke gestured toward us.

"Wait, what's going on?" Christina asked suggestively. I was done eating and didn't want any part of this conversation.

"I need to hit something, I'll see you guys in the training room." I picked up my plate.

"Training isn't for another hour!" Will yelled.

"That can't be good baby bro" Zeke said as I walked away. "She'd rather hit something than get hit on by you".

I walked into the training room and started to warm up. I had almost an hour before everyone started to show up. I started with the punching bags. I felt the force from my fist radiate down my arm. I had switched to kicks when I heard the door open.

"Aren't you a little early Stiff?" Eric's voice came from behind me.

"Aren't you a little annoying?" I grumbled. He grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Watch your mouth." Eric growled.

"You watch it since that's all you do." I pulled my arm back. "And stop calling me Stiff." Eric stared down at me like he usually did in hopes of it having an effect on me.

"You fought good yesterday." Eric eventually said and then dropped my arm. He looked over me and spoke "I was slightly impressed." He smiled and I looked at him confused.

"What?" I responded confused. Eric grinned and stared at me as if he was inspecting. He was watching me as he was contemplating something.

"I'm going to make you an offer." he spoke after a few moments.

"And that is?" I was sure to make eye contact.

"I'm going to train you." Eric crossed his arms.

"Why would you do that?" I mimicked his stance.

"I see potential in you. You were first jumper so I know you have some courage" he closed the space between us. "You are the only person who actually has the balls to look directly at me. And you handled yourself well yesterday during the fight." He smirks and his eyes lock onto mine.

"But what's in it for you." I left my hands rest on my hips and locked on to his eyes.

"Don't worry about that right now."

"Bullshit, If I'm making a deal with the devil I'd like to know his price." Eric chuckles.

"The devil?" He arched his brow. "Are you sure you're Abnegation? You aren't like the other one, quiet and afraid of her own shadow"

"I'm nothing like her" came out insulted at the comparison. Tobias told me to be ruthless. I was going to make it through dauntless and if that meant I burned bridges, I was willing to do it.

"Fair enough. So what do you say?" He asked and I started to think about his offer. On one hand Tobias told me to stay away from him, Tobias said he would help, but no one can know we're related. On the other hand I would be getting the training I need from an actual leader. Even if it was Eric.

"Fine" I crossed my arms. "I accept your offer, so what do I have to do? When do we start?" There was no way I was going to leave dauntless, and if it meant having to train with Eric I was willing to do it. He was already watching me.

"We start today. After dinner I want you here." He leaned close to my ear. "Don't keep me waiting" He walked away into an office to the side and soon after everyone had started to arrive.