Epilogue

ERIC

Thank fuck she's a good shot. I looked down at my shoulder as the blood began to steadily stream out of the bullet wound. I shot my gun above Theo's head as she ran into the crumbling city buildings out of range from any bullets.

"Fuck" I gritted as I stood up using my good arm and leg. I steadied myself and looked at the Dauntless guards dead around me. "Better you than me" I sighed scratching my head with the barrel of my gun. I groaned as I turned around to start limping back toward the medic.

Twice. I was shot fucking twice today.

If Four had paid fucking attention to where he aimed his gun then it would've only been once. But no. Twice I was fucking shot.

I expected at one point Theo would end up shooting me. She was volatile. I mentally smirked at the thought. I've met plenty of Dauntless hotheads, but none like her. She was different. Probably because she's divergent you dumbass. I chastised myself as I entered the Abnegation building. I grabbed the first blue suit I saw by his collar.

"Get me a fucking suture kit" I shoved the weak man toward the hallway and watched him scramble down the hall. He looked like a goddamn leprechaun with how short he was. I walked over to a lobby sitting area and sat down resting my leg on a block of cement that served as a coffee table. Fuck it's so boring here. No wonder Theo left.

You know why she left. Hearing her talk to Four in front of Jeanine of why she left returned to my mind. I flexed my newly shot arm in hopes of the pain distracting me. Great. Now I'm angry and in more fucking pain. The leprechaun returned and dropped the suture kit on the floor.

"Just relax your arm" he trembled as he tried to reached for my arm.

"Fuck off" I shoved him and he tumbled over the cement block. When he stood up he looked at me like he wanted to take a swing. His hands were clenched into fists at his side "I dare you..." I looked toward his fist as a smirk spread across my face. "Scurry along now" I waved him off and turned to open the kit. Last time I had to sew myself up was when some drunken idiot came at me with a glass bottle. It was a bitch then, it'll be a bigger bitch now. I shrugged off my jacket as I saw Max stalk his way toward me.

"What the fuck happened?" He yelled more than asked.

"I got shot" I said as I felt for an exit wound and there was. A clean shot. God even Theo's shooting was perfect.

"You know what the fuck I mean." Max came down to my face and gripped both armrests of my chair. "You let her go" I disregarding tending to my bullet wound for now. I pushed myself up to a standing position which forced Max to move back. I towered over him from this angle.

"I let her go?" I stepped forward. I mean I did let her go. I fucking hated letting her go. Nearly killed me to do it. It might actually kill me now. "She got the jump on me. She got the jump on you. She got the jump on everyone." I looked at him with fury. "Something that will never fucking happen again. I am going to hunt down that little bitch" I emphasized. "and end her. I don't give a fuck about orders." I now invaded Max's space. "She's mine" I claimed her when in reality she had claimed me. I belonged to that annoying, fucking unbelievably gorgeous brat. I allowed hate to fill the air around me.

I hate Theo. I hated her for squirming her little fucking fists under my skin and making me fall in love with her. Like a fucking idiot, I fell in love with her. Fell in love with how determined and stubborn she is. How selfish and selfless she is. How smart and ruthless she is. I even fell in love with her fucking laugh. Her goddamn laugh. She made me fall in love. What an asshole thing to do.