28. Reputation

When I got to the dorm a list was posted. Apparently this was our progress report and how we were all currently ranked. My name was still first, followed by Uriah, Tris, Lynn, Marlene, Peter and at the very bottom Al. Tris wasn't in the dorm when I got there. Apparently she also talked to Al and from what I heard her conversation was just as bad as mine earlier. I went looking for Tris when I turned the corner down what I thought was an empty hallway.

"Transfer!" Max stood at the end of the hallway. He waved me over and I jogged down the hallway to the Dauntless leader.

"Sir" I greeted.

"It seems like your making a reputation for yourself." Max spoke to me but he seemed to observed the area.

"Is that a good thing sir?" I was unsure if it was. I was supposed to be under the radar to avoid suspicion, but that ship had sailed after today's match.

"That has yet to be determined." his eyes finally narrowed on me. "I've had several leaders mention your name and potential jobs for you as long as you keep your current ranking."

"Jobs sir?"

"Yes, Eric thinks you would be good for one in particular" Max's attention went behind me, but I knew I was still being watched.

"What job is that?" I heard steps approaching and turned just as Eric reached us.

"Eric is charged with starting and implementing a new task force, one that would focus on seeking and eliminating divergents. One that has plenty of dauntless members fighting for a spot in" Eric handed him a report and watched me as Max signed it. "Is Theo here still on your list of potentials Eric?" Max looked at Eric and then back at me.

"Top of the list sir" Eric maintain professional composure and took back the signed report.

"Let's see how she does at the end of initiation" Max said nothing as he walked away giving me a sideways glance. Eric followed him but not before giving me a smirk. Speaking with Max had my heart racing and I walked around looking for Tris to calm my nerves. I had an idea of where she could be and recognized Uriah's voice as I reached the top.

"Y'all better recognize who just arrived!" Lynn yelled.

"I can't believe I missed the fight" Uriah said annoyed. "Zeke won't stop talking about it"

"Everyone's talking about it" Lynn responded.

"Too bad you missed it Uriah. Theo kicked ass" Marlene playfully shoved my arm. I liked Marlene and was glad she wasn't giving me any side eye.

"Everyone should be talking about #3. Tris congratulations!" I pulled her into a hug and she hugged back a little too tight.

"Ow, not so tight" I laughed.

"Sorry!" Tris gently let me go "and thanks"

"At least someone is happy about it" Uriah commented. "The rest of your "friends" didn't say anything" Uriah was pulled into a conversation with Marlene and I spoke to Tris.

"I heard about Al, we talked earlier today too and he was in a bad mood"

"Yea" Tris was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. In walked Zeke with his arm around Shauna and Four.

"Oh shit!" Zeke yelled. "It's Theo! I see you girl!"

"Hey its after hours you guys can't be up here" Four said. "Even for you killer" he joked.

"It was just one fight" I laughed

"No no no, it wasn't just a fight. You escalated it when you said and I quote" Zeke stood in front of us and put his hand on his hip. "Next time recognize who the fuck I am." he repeated with attitude.