3. Dauntless Welcome

"Dauntless-born go with Lauren, Transfers stay with me." Tobias said to everyone, but kept his eyes on me. His stance was stoic and his tone stern. Uriah and his friends waved goodbye to me and Tris. Tobias introduced himself as Four to the group.

Tobias gave us a tour of the ruins known as the pit. From above you could see the everything the pit had to offer, the room was alive. I could feel a smile form on my face. Everyone here was strong, they were living. For so long, I had just been taking it day by day, not really living. Everyday I was in a fight and not allowed to hit back. I protested in my own ways but never enough to be recognized as defiance. Watching the life coming from The Pit, I knew this is my home. I am no longer Abnegation or daughter of Marcus Eaton. I am Theo, Dauntless.

We made our way to the dinning hall and looked for an empty table. Tobias lead us to one of to the side and we all sat down. Tobias sat next to me.

"It's beef, put this on it" he hands me a bowl of a red sauce. I had never had this before and by the looks of it neither had Tris. We followed Tobias' instructions while Christina amazed at our inexperience with 'hamburgers'.

"Stiffs eat plain food." Tobias answered.

"Why?"

"Extravagance is consider self indulgent and unnecessary" I answered.

"No wonder you both left." Christina smirked.

"Yeah, it was because of the food" Tris rolled her eyes and I couldn't help but laugh and I noticed Tobias hiding his amusement. The door of the dinning hall open and the hall quieted down. A young man who looked to be the same age as Tobias had entered and by the reactions around the room I knew he was important. The first thing I noticed was the tattoos on his neck and the piercings above his brow. His eyes fell on me and didn't break away. He was heading over to our our table and maintained eye contact with me the entire time. When he reached the table he  slid in the seat across from. He leaned forward so he was inches from my face.

"Do you have a staring problem Stiff?" his voice was intimidating, just not to me.

"Eric" Tobias spoke up.

"Well?" ignoring Tobias he prompted me.

"If anyone has a staring problem it's you" I matched his tone but more in a casual way. "I was having a lovely dinner until your ego interrupted" I felt Tobias kick me under the table.

"A Stiff with an attitude, let's see how long you last with that." Eric smirks and I continued to eat my beef bread thing. "What's your name?"

"Theo"

"As in the first jumper?" his facial expression almost looked impressed.

"That very one." I sip out of my cup refusing to look down or away. His tactic is to intimidate through direct eye contact, which would usual make anyone feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately for him, I spent my whole life being uncomfortable and I was no longer going to be intimidated. His icy blue eyes never broke from my deep green ones. His mouth had started to curl up on one side to form a half smile.

"This is Tris and Christina." Tobias spoke up. Eric finally broke away and acknowledge him.

"Two Stiffs? Interesting." He returned his eyes to me. "What did Abnegation do to make the two of you leave."

"I heard it was the food." Christina spoke up and Tris stifled a laugh. Eric ignored that comment and returned to Tobias.

"What have you been doing lately Four?" Eric asked Tobias. I could tell by Tobias' body language that he and Eric were not friends. The conversation may make it seem like such, but I knew my brother.