45. It Never Ends.

"Theo" I heard my brother's voice behind me. Tobias put his hands up defensively and looked at me cautiously. "Theo it's me" Tris appeared next to him, her face showing signs of a fight.

"Tobias" I closed the space between us and embraced him for a moment. Then I pulled us toward the computer pointed to the screen. "I started pushing buttons and it was doing something to individual groups" I pointed to the screens where there was awake Dauntless. Tobias said nothing as he began scrolling through the list of past commands and singled out a combination of commands I had pushed.

"This is the command code" Tobias said more to himself as he started to tap on multiple keys. Screen after screen flashed before us showing us one group after another pausing, then looking confused and finally dropping their weapons. Some began to shout and shove one another, while others sank to their knees holding their heads and rock themselves back and forth. "We need the data" Tobias then started to pull apart the computer side panel. "Otherwise they'll just restart the simulation again."

"We have to go" I said turning toward Tris. I looked at her surveying her her new injuries and she tried to give me a reassuring nod.

"Got it. Let's go" Tobias said as he headed toward the door. The three of us were already at the elevator when I realized what waited for us.

"Tobias" I called his attention. "Marcus is here" I warned.

"Why?" he said in a mix of anger and fear. The same mix of emotions I felt when I heard my father's name.

"He came to help with the computer systems" Tris answered.

"Did he-" my brother began just as the doors opened and our father stood next to Caleb.

"We have to go" I looked at my brother.

"You're both safe" Marcus started toward us, but stopped short when I pulled my gun at him. He immediately put his hands in the air.

"Theodora no!" Caleb rushed in front of Marcus. "He saved my life!" His hands in a defensive position protecting Marcus. I looked at the room and a new body laid at the top of the stairs. "Theodora" Caleb repeated

"We have to move" Tris said keeping Tobias close to her. "Theo" she warned but I just looked to my brother.

We communicated through looks like we did when we were children. We had perfected the art of nonverbal communication. It was a survival trait in which we used in our lives now to understand body language.

Tobias slightly tilted his head to the left and I holstered my gun. I met his eyes and responded with a side glance to the right. Later.

"Let's move" I pushed past Caleb and my father. "Get up" I scolded Peter that stayed off to the side watching the familial drama unfold. I looked to my watch and noted the time. "We need move now if we're going to catch the train" With that everyone followed in silence as we moved quickly through the compound. It seemed like no time had passed when we stood at the platform waiting for the train.

"Where are we going?" Peter asked looking at me.

"Amity" Caleb said when I didn't respond. "Right Theodora?"

"Keep up" I said as the train started round the corner. I was the first to enter the train car followed by Peter and then Tris, Caleb. Finally Tobias entered after Marcus. I walked toward the front of the train car motioning to Tobias and Tris.

"Amity is the only place I can think of and those from Abnegation who escaped should be there by now" I said after a moment and they nodded in agreement. "At the very least it could be a place to lay low. There is no other place where we can go" I looked at both Tobias and Tris. I noticed Tobias shot me a quick glance and the line in between his brows increase. "Or is it?" I asked with a raised brow. Tris looked to Tobias questioningly.