7. Helpful Tips

We had started the next day of training by being paired up with the person we were fighting today. Al was fighting Will. Tris was against Myra, and I was against Drew.  Christina against 'The Tank' or Molly last. Peter, Molly and Drew had all transferred from Candor. The three of them were like snakes in the grass. No one other than themselves seemed to like them. They just seemed horrible to whoever wasn't them. I remembered them giving me hateful looks as Eric held me back to threaten me. If they wanted that kind of attention they could have it.

I looked at Drew and I started to feel nervous. He was a bit taller than me but not much. He was stocky and had some muscle. He caught me looking and grinned. After Tris and Myra's match was lunch. We sat in the table next to Uriah again.

"Sooo....." Uriah prompted. I gave him a confused look.

"Who are you fighting?" He asked me.

"How do you know I haven't already fought?"

"Because then your face would look like hers" Uriah pointed to Tris. Her face was scratched and her hair disheveled from her fight with Myra. "No offense" Uriah offered.

"It's ok" Tris shrugged.

"Drew" I glanced over to a couple tables away. Tobias sat down across from Uriah and I.

"You can totally take him, she can totally take him right Four?" Uriah attempted to be encouraging.

"If she moves fast enough" Tobias said nonchalantly. I knew he was giving me advice more than just making small talk.

"Don't be afraid to hit first" Zeke added. "Make a fist." I made one.

"Here, give me your hand." Uriah motioned and I placed my hand in his. "Make sure your fist is like this." He folded my fingers and placed my thumb underneath. "See just hit him with this."

"Also don't be afraid to go for the balls." Lynn popped her head around Uriah. Laughs came from the Tris and Christina.

"What if it's a girl?" Christina asked.

"Hair pulling, and tit punching." Lynn responded proudly. "There's something for everyone."

"Oh I would love to see that." Uriah smirked.

"Comfortable there Uriah?" Zeke laughed and his eyes fell on Uriah still holding my hand.

"Can I have my hand back?" I said.

"What?" he didn't realize until I pulled my hand. "Oh yea sorry" I thought I saw Uriah's face starting to flush.

"Real smooth little brother." Zeke said as he and Tobias started to snicker at Uriah who was now fully turning red.

"Sorry, your hands are really soft" Uriah complimented.

"Thanks?" I laughed which only got Zeke and Tobias laugh. Uriah avoided eye contact with me.

"So yea just do that." Uriah said to his plate.

"Yea Theo, punch them with your soft hands" Zeke punched the air with his fork in his hand. "That way the guy will be so distracted by how soft they are, he'll just hold them."

"And then knee to the balls." Lynn encouraged with a mouth full of food. Laughter erupted from both tables and my ribs ached from the conversation.

"It'll probably work" Uriah shrugged as he picked up his cup and his face was definitely red.

"Are they warm too Uriah? You should probably hold her hand again" Zeke teased.

"Okay, I'll see you guys later." Uriah stood up and dumped his plate.

"What was that?" I asked looking at my brother.

"Nothing serious." Tobias smiled as he took a sip of his cup.

I watched Uriah walk out of the hall. I glanced over to the balcony above and was met with icy blue eyes. Eric held the railing as he seemed to be watching our table or rather me. He glowered and I imagined in attempts to make me look away. He should learn by now, that won't work on me. I refused to break away first.

"Theo." I heard Tris call and I ignored it.

"Ah shit!" A boot hit my shin and I looked away to see Tobias upset.

"What are you looking at?" Christina followed my gaze, but when she looked Eric was gone.

"Nothing" I said into my cup.

After we finished our lunch, all of us dreaded the walk back to the training room.