15. Voices

In the morning, the fights had gone as you would expect. The rest of training continued after lunch. I walked into the training room and it was empty. I walked directed to one of the punching bags and started to hit it as hard as I could. The bag had swayed slightly. I practiced the forms Eric had just shown me the night before. The bag swung a little more. I didn't stop until I heard the door open and the rest of the initiates came in.

"Look the Stiff is trying" Molly cackled. Ignoring them I walked over to the water fountain and before I took a step Peter had hooked his leg with mine causing me to fall.

"Watch where you're going Stiff" Peter spat me."Don't think I've forgotten your little stunt during the war game" I stood up and with enough force I pushed him back and he stumbled. He pulled back his arm when a voice boomed.

"Bring it in!" Eric had joined Tobias in the center of the room beside a chalkboard. I saw our names paired off together and scanned for mine. There I was the last to fight and it was against Peter. I looked up and Eric had a half smile on his lips, while Tobias showed no emotion. Yesterday my body screamed at me in pain. I still felt the pain but my adrenaline pushed it to the side. I was shaking in anticipation, Peter took it as fear and made a lame joke about it. During Christina's match Eric had stood behind me.

"You ready?" He said barely above a whisper.

"To beat the shit out of Peter? Yes" I shot him a glance as Edward slammed his fist on Christina's nose.

"He steps before he punches. You're a better fighter than he is." Eric breath fell on my neck and I tensed. I look for Tobias and his face was locked on Eric proximity to me. I saw Eric smile from my peripheral and walk toward Peter. I watched as he said something in his ear and Peter nodded. He gaze went to me and that smug smirk crept on his face. What did Eric say? Tobias and Eric walked to the ring where Christina laid unconscious. "Tris and Al get her to the infirmary." Tris and Al went to pick up Christina and walked her out of the room.

"Last match, Theo and Peter" Tobias tensed and walked out of the ring. Eric shot me a knowing look.

Peter hopped into the ring, his confidence practically dripping off of him. I stepped in the boundaries of the ring and raised my arms. My heart pounded in my ear. I focused on Peter circling me. He took one step and another to swung his right fist to my face and I jumped back causing him to miss.

"I'm going to make sure you hurt." He taunted. He did it again. He stepped twice and swung his left fist this time. "You think you're tough now." I wanted for my moment. "You should've stayed in Abnegation with daddy dearest" I looked at Tobias to see if he heard. He stood there furious and statuesque. 

I was distracted enough that Peter took advantaged and charged. He landed on me adding pressure to my ribs. He swung hitting my face a few times. He swung his left arm forward and there! I snaked my arm underneath him and was able to get a clean hit to his throat. He gasped for air and then lunged at me once again and he connected to my throat. I gasped in pain. Peter pulled his arm back. 

"Abnegation punching bag" he spat. You are weak  Marcus yelled. Worthless. It's for your own good. I shifted my head at the very last second and his fist went into the floor and mine went back to his throat. He fell back off of me. I took advantage and jumped on him and started swinging. I heard Marcus's words again. You're weak. You're worthless. I heard Eric's words again. You belong back in Abnegation, where you let yourself get beaten like the punching bag you are. Then Peter's voice chimed in Abnegation punching bag. Peter hit me awkwardly in the ribs. My vision went black. I lost control. I felt my arm pull back and push downward until it met flesh. I repeated this action for what seemed forever. I wanted everyone to shut up and with every hit they became quieter. Suddenly I felt arms around my waist and I was being pulled into the air.

"Let me GO!" I growled and thrashed against the person holding me back. "I'm not done with him!"

"Get her out of here" I heard Tobias yell. "Drew help me"

My arms were locked behind me and I threw my head back until I connected to a chin.

"Shit Theo! Stop you're done." Eric pushed me out of the training room and into the private training room. He closed the door behind him.

"I wasn't done!" I pushed against Eric's chest, but he didn't budge.

"Yes you were, he's unconscious." He stood with his back against the door and his arms crossed.

"No! He deserved to feel more pain!" I started to pace. "For years I dealt with his bullshit!" I felt my body trembled with hate. "It's his turn! He needs to feel EVERYTHING HE'S DONE TO ME!"

"Theo" Eric held my hands together between his strong hands forcing me to stop pacing. "That's not who you think it is."

"Isn't this what you wanted!" I pushed him away and out of his grasp. "I saw you talking to Peter, I'm not stupid Eric" I pushed him again. "You told him what to say!" I went to push him again but he caught my wrist and held them against his chest. "You're a piece of shit!" I tried to pull away from his grip. The door behind him opened and Tobias came into the room. He stood next to Eric.

"Eric let her go" He growled. Eric released me.

"Theo-" Tobias started.

"No! Stop talking!" I punched him in the jaw.

"See that's why I was holding her" Eric said tauntingly.

"Eric I think you should leave." Tobias spat.

"No Tobias! You leave! You did it before, you can do it again!" I pushed him toward the door. I regretting saying it as it formed on my lips. I couldn't help it. I was upset. I told Tobias to leave 2 years ago, but it didn't mean I hadn't built a little bit of resentment from it.

"Theodora!" He caught my hands and his expression filled with guilt.

"GO!" I screamed and turned away from him. I trembled and tried to catch my breath. I had so much anger and resentment built up inside me. It was going to have to erupt eventually. Eric stood there watching me. I hadn't calmed down but I didn't want to be in here anymore. "Move"

Eric listened and moved to the side. I stormed out of the room and went straight to the roof. I didn't want to be around anyone else. I found a corner on the roof and sat on the edge. I looked watched the sunset and how it painted the sky different hues of reds, yellows, and purple. I pulled my knees up to my chin and for the first time in 2 years, I cried.