6. Changes

The rest of the day in training had dragged. My body was screaming as we practiced different types of hitting and kicking. Tomorrow we were actually going to fight each other. Eric observed this training too and by the end of it his voice had become nails to a chalkboard. He meant it when he said he'd keep an eye on me, but now he was just being annoying. I just wanted to be done and in my bed. I knew the moment I collapsed on the mattress I was done. We were dismissed and my heart jumped in my chest I was going to get to go lie down.

We all returned to the dorm after dinner and Al had decided he wanted to get a tattoo.

"I just want to feel like I actually left the old faction. Stop crying about it." The four of us looked around at each other. "I know you've heard me."

"Yea can you be more quiet about it" I playfully pushed his shoulder.

We all agreed we would meet at the tattoo shop, but the girls were going to shop for clothes before. Christina had made it her mission to give Tris a makeover seeing that she was the easier one of us two to convince. I looked through the sea of black clothing racks. I found a dress that had black lace.

"You have to try that on!" Christina stood behind me.

"I don't know, it seems like it would be tight." I held it up against my body and traced the lace that was around the collar.

"Even more reason to try it on" Christina pushed me toward the dressing room. "We'll be right back! Call us when you're done". I stepped into the stall and caught my reflection. I was still getting used to being able to look in the mirror whenever I wanted. My black hair fell across my shoulders and back in waves. In Abnegation our hair was to be worn up. I ran my fingers through my hair, it felt strange having my hair loose. My eyes stared back at me in disbelief. Tobias always said I had our mother's emerald eyes. I wouldn't know she died when I was still a baby.

I tried the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't reach and zipper in the back, so I pulled the fabric to see how it clung. It certainly clung to me. The black lace laid across my arms and chest like a second skin. All except for a black band that stretched across my breasts, the lace was the only layer from the waist up. The same material that covered my breasts, covered my lower half and stopped right before my knee.

"Hey can I get some help with the zipper?" I called to the girls.

"Sure!" I heard Tris's voice that seemed so far away. I heard the curtain slid open and I leaned my head down and my hair fell like a veil covering my face. Her hands seemed rough and bigger than I would have imagined.

"I hope you're buying that". My head snapped up to see Eric standing behind me. I stared at him in the mirror. A smirk was spread across his face eyeing me in the dress.

"Do you mind?" I stepped past him into the area with the larger mirror.

"Not at all" He leaned back against the stall I was just in. Tris and Christina joined me a few seconds later. Eric gave me one more look and left to speak to the girl at the register.

"He's like a fucking shadow" Annoyed, I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Can you blame him look at you!" Christina examined me. "You look so... HOT"

"You look amazing Theo" Tris said as she hugged the clothes she had tried on earlier. I turned around in the mirror and really looked at myself. My black hair reached just above the small of my back. The dress revealed a figure I never knew I had. As abnegation we wore humble clothes that hid our bodies, not out of shame, but respect. Underneath it hid how my hips curved and flowed into my waist. The band had barely covered my breasts and made them look voluptuous.

"Who knew Abnegation girls had bodies" Christina teased Tris and I.

"I'm buying it." I stated and changed back into my clothes. I loved this dress. It was perfect. It made me feel confident. I could never dream of wearing something like this in my old faction. I was dauntless and I could dress however I wanted. I walked up to the sales girl and placed the dress the counter. This was the first thing I would actual buy for myself in my new life.

"Oh it's already paid for" she said with a smile. It must of come across that I was confused because she spoke again. "Eric paid for it while you were trying it on."

"Why?" I asked sounded angrier than necessary.

"He just said to make sure you left with the dress." She shrugged dismissively and placed it in a bag for me. I looked at Tris and Christina. They were just as confused as I was.

We left the store and went to the tattoo shop. I couldn't help be confused and somewhat upset that Eric bought the dress. Wasn't he just threatening me the day before. Christina ad Tris picked out their tattoos and I looked at the walls filled with art. I did what a tattoo but I wanted it to mean something. I noticed Tobias had a tattoo peaking up on to his neck. I would have to ask him what it was.

I had decided to get and industrial piercing at the top of my right ear. Everyone was satisfied with their tattoos. I thought Tris's was the nicest, 3 birds for her family. The sentiment was nice, but not one I shared. I had no mother and a sorry excuse for a father. I just had Tobias and my faction which was all I needed.