𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

The cool evening air blew through Minju's hair as she was stood on the balcony. Her eyes were closed as she let the rush of memories from the last few weeks run through her mind.

She thought about her friends, her family and her life. Everything has been extremely overwhelming for the 17 year old. She sighed, running a hand through her long, black hair. Resting her head on her palm, her arms were supported by the railing keeping her from falling off the platform.

The music from downstairs could clearly be heard, but she has mastered the art of blocking the noise out. Eyes still closed, she allowed her mind to wander to the places that she so desperately tried to keep closed. She subconsciously started thinking about Yangyang and the months they were together.

Every day since the breakup, the girl tried her hardest to not think about it and with the drama between Sua and Jisung, it wasn't all that hard. But now that she was alone and had nothing but the darkness surrounding her, she couldn't keep the thoughts out anymore.

She felt naive for putting so much trust into one person. As stupid as it may sound, she really did love the boy and she still partly did. He made her so happy and it confused her how he could also be the cause of her pain too. Frown etched on her face, she opened her eyes and stared down on her hands.

She still remembers how he would play with her fingers while they talked for hours. How he would listen to her every word and never once made her feel dumb when she would talk about her countless theories and unrealistic dreams.

They were so happy, so where did it all go wrong?

The question kept echoing through her head and yet she will never know the answer. The thought drove her insane and she felt so frustrated with herself. A tear escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek. She wasn't even bothered to wipe it and just continued staring out into the night.

"You look sad..." A voice came from behind the girl and she froze. The person stepped closer, standing right next to her.

Jeno scanned his eyes over the girl's face, noticing the way her eyes shined. "Were you crying?" He asked, tone gentle.

Minju brought her hand up to her face, quickly wiping the wetness from her eyes with her sweater paws. "Doesn't matter." Was all she said, still not looking at Jeno.

The boy stared at the side of her face. He couldn't understand how she still looked so beautiful, even with a sullen look on her face. "You can always talk to me." He suggested and Minju lightly chuckled.

"Yeah, right. Lee Jeno, who has always treated me like I don't exist, wants me to talk to him. Are you drunk or something?" She asked, laughing a bit.

A guilty feeling laid heavily on Jeno's chest as he thought back to the way he used to treat the small girl. He couldn't believe he did that, especially when he was so sure he liked her, yet he always pushed her away. "I'm sorry." He said under his breath.

For the first time since he arrived, Minju averted her gaze to the blue haired boy. Sadness could be seen on his face and it caught the girl off guard. "For what?" She asked.

"Just... I'm sorry." He said, meeting her eyes. Her mouth was slightly agape as she stared back at him. A smile played on the boy's lips as he looked at her. "Tell me what's going on." He said, when Minju didn't say anything.

Minju contemplating it for a second, but decided that she could probably trust him. "I'm just thinking about things. You know?" She simply stated, trying to be as vague as possible.

"I don't, so you're going to have be a bit more specific, princess." He said, lightly nudging her side.

She let out a little laugh, rolling her eyes. "I don't know. The last few weeks have just been too eventful. I haven't really been able to register it all, but now that I'm here," She paused and looked over to the boy, who intently watched her as she spoke. "It feels like I'm reliving every single one of the bad things that has happened."

"I think the thing that's been bothering me the most, is the way my boyfriend just ended things with me." She stopped upon mentioning Yangyang, too hurt to say his name out loud.

"You mean that Yangyang guy?" Jeno asked, remembering having heard of her boyfriend a few times.

Minju nodded her head, feeling uneasy by the mention of his name. "Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I feel so pathetic for being sad over this. We didn't even date that long and although, nothing makes sense, I'm still so fucking sad over it."

"And the same questions plays in my head over and over again. Was I not good enough? Did I not make him happy? Why did he just suddenly break up with me? God, I must sound so pathetic right now. I'm sorry." She said, looking away in embarrassment.

Jeno quickly grabbed her hand, catching her attention. "You don't, I promise. It's normal to feel like this." He said and squeezed her hand.

»

Renjun was looking for Minju all over the house, searching through the different rooms. He had decided that he was going to confess his feelings to the girl, no matter what the consequences might be.

Walking past the double doors that led to the balcony, Renjun heard voices and immediately stopped. He recognized the voice as Jeno's and out of curiosity he peaked around the door. To his surprise, he saw Minju with the boy.

"He was stupid, anyway. Because if I were him, I'd never let you go." He heard Jeno say. Renjun watched as Minju confusedly stared back at the boy.

His eyes then trailed down to their connected hands, a sharp pain shooting through his chest. Renjun knew he shouldn't be here right now, but his feet didn't want to move. Instead he stood there, waiting for the girl's response, hoping that maybe he hasn't lost all his chances. "I don't understand what you mean with that, but, uh... yeah, I don't know what to say." She said.

Jeno chuckled, putting their hands in his jacket pocket. He then turned his body away, instead staring out into the open sky. "What I meant was, that maybe I like you. And the timing might be a bit weird, but I don't like you talking badly of yourself like that." He replied. Minju still tried to comprehend his words, opening her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"No way you like me." She finally said, laughing but stopped when Jeno remained silent. "You're not serious right now, are you?" She asked, tugging at his hand.

"And if I am, then what?" He asked in return, smiling a bit.

"Well, then I don't know... I never thought the day would come where you would like me back..." Jeno turned to the girl and at that moment, Renjun felt his heart break.

Finally finding control over his own body again, he hurriedly backed away from the balcony, leaving."Minju two years ago would've been so happy right now." She said after a few seconds.

Jeno was confused by her words, making her laugh bitterly. "I used to like you so much, but you never noticed, but a part of me is so happy that I got over you and moved on. There was no way, we would ever work anyway. You're my brother's best friend and that's all you'll ever be."

The boy was hurt a bit by her words, but knew she was right. He felt beyond dumb for even confessing, but knew it was for the best that she knew. "Yeah, I know." He said, not having anything to say.

Minju slowly let go of his hand and removed her own out of his pocket. She felt bad that she had said that to him, but she knew that even if she still liked him, it wouldn't be a good idea to start a relationship.

She knew that it wouldn't be fair to the boy, especially when she was unsure of her own feelings towards her ex-boyfriend. Yet strangely, she really only thought of one person and it wasn't Liu Yangyang or Lee Jeno.