Chapter 9: Imperial Decree

"Huh? So you really are expecting me to screw everything up, woman?! Y'll seriously think I am a useless, incapable scumbag?" Doyoung seemed to have interpreted her request in a different way than everyone present there. But he couldn't say it out loud for everyone to here,

" As you know, lady elegance, He is the dear son of my dearest brother. I treat him as my own son, like every prince present here. They are all royal bloods of the great Emperor Bosuk."

The king spoke.

" YOU ARE NOT OF ROYAL BLOOD"

The grand dowager, said murmuring with stern eyes , which only the Empress heard.

"Your majesty, I will forever be grateful to you.."

Right after that the grand dowager stormed off saying,

" I am not feeling well"

"ehem.."

The Empress cleared his throat which made everyones attention come back to the empress.

"Lady elegance, You should take a rest after your long journey.. here.. I have told them to prepare for your rest... I would be glad to converse with you after you have gotten a little rest..."

The empress said and following her words the lady elegance went out of this scene but before leaving she looked one glance at one of the princes...

-

Elena's POV

I opened my eyes slowly..

See,,, I thought so.. All these was a nightmare.. I am in my bed covered by my soft blanket-

"wait a sec"

"Why is this blanket so smelly? Why is my bed so stiff? "

"She is awake....."Short converse were heard.

"What are other people doing at MY HOUSE..?Are there burglars at MY HOUSE?!"

My vision was still blurry.. but I saw several figures approaching me... female figures...

I can't seem to sit up on my own, wait why is my body hurting?
One of those figures shook me lightly and helped me sit up...

WHO ARE THEY?!

I looked around? My surroundings look like a barn house.

I am definitely not in my house...

Then all that was not just a dream, indeeed a reality?!

Wait, Why am I holding a mug.. While drifting of to my thoughts I unconsciously took the water mug from the girl's hand and gulped down...

"Can I have some more water...?"I said a bit scared cause I still don't know if they mean any harm..

"She can speak!!"the girls said between them and one rushed out..

"New girl, You had lots of scars with you, we treated some of your wounds, how are you feeling now?"

" I am not feeling fine"

I said with a blank expression.

"Of course" She said a little embarrassed..

"Oh, here you are.... "

She passed me a plate..

" we begged the cook to give you some meat and more food, eat well, you need to eat more for you to get better."

Before I realized I was already digging in the food. What am I doing? What if they put poison here, Or some weird drugs here? I shouldn't accept food from strangers...