Chapter 30 : Our end?

Today was the day of the king's birthday banquet. And the last day junkyu and alina would be together.

All preparation was made. For both sides. For the ones trying to make it the best and also for the ones trying to ruin it, destroy it, destroy the whole kingdom.

  Junkyu made sure Alina looked the best dressed today even among the guests from thousand miles afar.

At least to his eyes. She would always look the prettiest.

" where is Chanyeol?  I havn't seen him for a while..." he mutters looking around.

A bomb explodes.

The open garden's beautiful plants scatters around, as ashes.

The crowd of the so called nobles and royalties crounches down. Them fleeing for their damn lives and Their guards taking sword out to protect their master.

Another explosion. The lake water splatters.

Junkyu grabs alina's hands. They need to go a safe spot. But which is a safe spot?

Another explotion.

They sprint towards the jungle. Running for their lives just like everyone else.

masked barbarians appear. They start swarming in like insects.

" This is what you deserve " the masked man in the front, presumably the captain, opens his mask.
Glaring at the king Who has a sword held at his neck.

"Suho, is that you? " the king's eyes couldn't believe themselves.

To stabilise the now unified country and prove his worth as a newly crownes king, The now king had annihilated all the remaining royalties and knights of the Baekje and Goguryeo kingdom.

Or so did he think.

The palace guards as well as all the soldiers put up a fight, but they were no match.

Junkyu took one last look at his father. He felt powerless. There was no way he alone could do anything. It would only be foolish to jump in there.

"What is happening?" The king's once commanding tone was now changed into a tone of a scared man.

A man afraid that the beautiful sand castle he built little by little would get splashed by the waves and destroyed in an instant.

"Ah, don't worry dear uncle, your esteemed guests will all be returned safely, no soul would die in the hands of us.  We are no monsters, like you."

Another masked man would open his mask, Baekhyun was his name.

On the other hand, the two were running for their lives deeper into the woods.

There was no time to stop and think. Run. Run. Run. To wherever your feet takes to.

"Chanyeol" junkyu stopped sprinting upon seeing the familiar face. The person he considered to be his best accomplice at all times.

" i'm sorry" he inaudibly mutters under his breath before swinging his blade at Junkyu.

He missed. By a small space. But he never misses. He had hesitated.

And in that moment of hesitation, Jihoon the 2nd Prince, strikes his blade drom behind.

He made sure not to hit any vital points, only to injure him enough to make sure he can't make any moves.

" Run! I Will be taking care of things here. Take my horse and flee. Take refugee in japan and ask for help. Go quickly"

He said hurriedly. And sprinted towards the battleground.