C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Chapter Twenty Three: Pew Pew
Neveah's pov

Surprisingly, I wake up and Carter is there. He isn't cuddling with me or anything but he is here with me, in the same bed.

He wears nothing but his brief boxers. His back facing me and his back muscles flexing in his sleep.

He stirs in his sleep and turns around facing me, his eyes shut. His lips are a little swollen and pink from last night but nonetheless he looks so at peace as he sleeps, somthing about it was satisfying to me.

His eyes flutter open and his green, emerald eyes look into my brown ones, he smiles and wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

Even after waking up, Carter stil smells good.

"Thank you." I whisper to him and he stays silent for a while before asking why I said thank you to him. "You helping my find Xylon."

"Can I tell you somthing?" He mumbles still half asleep.

"Of course you can, Carter."

"I don't like you. Not even a little bit. I hate you for trying to fix the life I've lived and have accustomed to." I close my eyes trying to process what he had just said.

Why didn't he tell me he felt this way earlier on? Before all the sex we had had? Why is he helping me if he doesn't like me.

He let's go of me and I feel cold instantly, longing for him to hold me again into his arms.

"Then why am I here, Carter?" I ask in confusion and he looks at me. He holds my face and watches the tears fall down my face. A facial expression I've never seen before stares at me.

His face laces in worry as he is my cheek and caresses it with his thumb. He stares at my tears for a few seocnds before he places a kiss on them.

"That's what I used to think all the time. That's what I used to tell myself all the time, because I didn't want to grow attached to you."

A sense of relief passes through me once I hear those words pass his lips. A sense of hope makes me excited for what's to come next out his mouth.

"I've done exactly what I told myself not to do, but Neveah you have understand that it's so difficult for me to keep myself away from you bebe. I want to talk to you every hour of the day, hold you all the time."

"I'm addicted to you, and if I'm being honest, I don't want this addiction to go away. I know you think I'm just a man who is lost and has bad habits but bebe please, I need you to see me for more than that. I want to show you who I really am."

I stare at him in confusion before I process what Carter had just said to me. I was glad he opened up to me like that to begin with and that we was able to tell me straight up what's going on in his mind.

"Show me who you really are Carter."

5 hours later

After Carter and I spend the day together, we decide that it was time for me to find who the real Carter Blake Rodriguez was.

We take his matte black Range Rover and drive to a casino. We have multiple security guards surrounding me and Carter, making sure we are not seen by Caleb and his gang. We enter the casino and I immediately feel so under dressed.

Everyone in here is beautiful and every girl is wearing short dresses, or lingerie. Old men playing poker with large brown cigars in their hands, underaged and under dressed girls on top of their lap.