C H A P T E R T W E L E VE

Chapter Twelev: Xylon?
Neveah's pov

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you to clean your room!" I yell out in frustration.

"But mommy it is clean." Xylon moans and I pinch the bridge of my nose trying not to beat the shit out of this child.

"Xylon, nothing is clean here. Look at your toys they're all over the place, and you haven't made the bed!"

"I opened the curtain!" He fights back.

"That doesn't mean you cleaned your room!"

"Ma-"

"I'm not having this argument with you, the next time I step in this room I want to see it clean." Xylon makes a face and I sigh, "Fix your face before I fix it for you." He flashed a big fake smile at me before he turns around heading to his toys. I shut the door behind me and storm off to the kitchen.

I love my child, I really do. But at times he just frustrates me!

"You look like you could use some chamomile tea." Britney laughs while pulling out a cup and warming up some water in the kettle.

"I guess." I chuckle.

"It's not just Xylon is it?"

"No, it's not. I'm worried about Leo. I know I was in the wrong but he also said some rude things to me that hurt me a lot." Britney had asked where Leo was and I had to tell her what had happenedd.

"The only way you're gonna be able to solve this is by talking to him about it." She hands me a cup of chamomile tea and my phone.

"I'm going to class, I'll see you later."

"Thanks, bye Britney." I hug her and she leaves.

Britney was right, Xylon was right, mom was right. Shit everybody's right at this point. I shouldn't have done what I have done and I should just apologize. I take my phone and look at the screen saver. Leo, Xylon and I stand there smiling. It was when we went to his first play 'The Gingerbread Man'. He was amazing, that night was just incredible.

The smile on my sons face was beautiful and matched Leo's. I was with my two favorite boys and I felt like nothing could ever happen to take that moment away.

Damn I really miss Leo. I unlock my phone and dial his number.

"Here goes nothing." I sigh and put the phone on the counter and on speaker.

"Hello?" I hear him say and I'm shocked that he answered.

"Leo, hey."

"Yes Neveah what is it?" He sighs.

"I hope you're not busy, I just want to talk to you for a second."

"I'm outside." He says and I run out to the window seeing him there in the driveway inside his car with his phone to his ear. He winks at me and gets out. I run to the front door and open the wider for him. He gets out the car and walks inside the house.

"I'm sorry."
"I'm here to apologize..." we say at the same time and we both laugh and blush.

"You first." I nudge and he rolls his eyes and sighs with a big smile on his face. He closes the door behind him and we walk hand in hand to the couch.

"As I was saying," he takes a seat on the couch and I sit right next to him. "I'm sorry Neveah. I don't know what came over me, I should've never said those nasty, horrible things to you and I promise I'll never do it again." He takes my hands and kisses them.

"Apology accepted. And I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have responded the way I responded. I'm sorry, and I'll try to never hit you again." I smirk.

"Try?! That was a pretty hard slap though." He chuckles and I laugh out loud.

"Is Xylon here?" He asks and I nod.

"Where else would he be?" He rolls his eyes and hugs me, leaning back on the couch.

"I just need to be with the both of you right now, I've missed you guys way too much." He says and I smile. Maybe I am in love with Leo...

"Come on, let's go up to surprise Xylon." I say and we jump up and head upstairs to his room. I hide Leo behind the wall and knock on Xylon's door.

"I hope it's clean in there, I've got a surprise for you." I say and I open the door to see no progress being made. Even worse the boy wasn't even there.

"Xylon?" I enter his room and look around for him.

"Xylon, come out now." I say losing all the humor I once had.

"Xylon, buddy? Where are you?" Leo steps in and we have no trace of where my son is.

"Neveah, where the hell is Xylon." He asks in panic.

"I-I don't know I left him in here, I told him to clean his room." Leo glances at me and runs to Xylon's bathroom seeing no signs of him. We look in his toy box and closet, under the bed in the bathroom cabinets in the closet and still nothing. We check the whole house and any place Xylon could fit in and no sign of him could be found.

"Leo, we have to call the police."

"It's pointless baby. We can't file for a missing person unless they've disappeared for twenty four hours."

"No, we have to do something," I sob. "I can't just sit around and do nothing while my poor baby is missing. Where the hell could he have went?!" I yell in frustration. Leo pulls at his hair and walks to his room again.

"Neveah, come in here." He says and I walk to where he is. Leo stands by the window holding a piece of yellow paper.

I tried to ask you nicely, but you acted like a brat. So now, I just take what is mine ;)
Xoxo
-CDOV

"Caleb."
"Caleb."