C H A P T E R O N E

Chapter one: Prison
Neveah's pov

Today was the day I've been thrilled for and so was Xylon, my son. He woke me up with a big smile on his face.

"Mommy, mommy! Wake up!" He jumps on my bed and I laugh bringing my five year old son into my arms.

"You're going to the prison today, mommy. You're going to see the criminal." He says fidgeting with my hair. We are both excited, because therapy session this was a little bit different than usual.

"I know baby, when I get back I'll tell you everything about it, okay?" Sadly, I was lying. All my therapy sessions are confidential, I couldn't tell anybody anything.

"But let's go make breakfast, all right? You have a whole day with Leo today."

"Mommy?" He asks, playing with my fingers.

"Yes, my love?" I sit up and slip on my slippers before I pick Xylon up and we walk to the bathroom.

"I love Leo." I set him down on the ground and he takes his tooth brush from my hand and looks up at me through the bathroom reflector.

"I know you do and he loves you too, angel." He smiles and I kiss his forehead.

I know what Xylon was implying, he wants Leo to be he's father. Sadly, that's not going to happen. Xylon was pretty intelligent for his age, very vigilant. And if you told him something once, he'll remember it forever.

I put his toothpaste on his small toothbrush, and I put my toothpaste on my toothbrush and we start brushing our teeth.

Leo and I are nothing but friends, and that's all it we'll ever be. We had attempted a relationship in the past, but he was so possessive and controlling, I couldn't even breathe without asking him for approval: So I let him go. That was in high school though, many years ago. Things are different now, we're both twenty five and grown and essentially sharing a child.

Xylon is my son that I had when I was twenty. My crush took my virginity and forgot to use a condom. I was too apprehensive to even think about a condom at the time. When I told him I was pregnant, he ran away and I never saw him again. Nonetheless, Leo was there for me. He always has been there for me, despite our disagreements that we have occasionally.

Once we finish brushing our teeth, I walk us back to the bedroom and check my phone, that was on the night stand, for the time.

07:53 - it read. I still have a lot of time on my hands. I walk over to the window and open the curtains and the windows.

"Come on, let's go." I turn back to my son and hold my hand out to him, he gracefully takes it with a smile harvested on his face and we walk downstairs jointly to the kitchen 

"Mommy, please may I have bacon and eggs?" He pleads and I position him in his chair in front of the island.

"Okay, my love." As soon as I say that, the bell rings. I walk in curiosity, it can't be Leo. I told him to come at 10:00 when I leave.

I open the door and I am met with Leo. He smiles a lopsided smile and walks in after kissing me on the cheek.

"Good morning, beautiful." He closes the door and hugs me. I hug him back and he gives me a brown paper bag. I look at him anxiously and open the bag, inside are some cookies. My favourite, chocolate chip. I laugh and hug him with meaning this time.