C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Chapter Thirty-Three: The Tales of Carter
Neveah's pov

It was going to take some getting used to, but I am walking with crutches. My leg is still healing and I have to walk with this cast on leg for four weeks. That doesn't phase me because I am leaving this hospital today. Carter told me that it would be safer if I come stay with him than to go back home without protection. I am fine with that, I want to stay with Carter and I'm sure Xylon does too.

I am also excited to see my son. I miss him so much, I get to see him when I wake up and when I go to bed. I'll have autonomy for the first time in a long time.

"Are you ready to go, Neveah?" Tristan comes through the door with his alluring smile and a bag filled with my clothes.

I take my crutches and slowly hop to Tristan. He is very patient with me which I really appreciate, I am still new to this type of walking. The doctor told me if I would go to physical therapy after my cast was off, I would walk just like how I used to.

We eventually make it to the car and Tristan gives me a gift basket.

"It's from Carter and Xylon, they made it together." He says and I smile looking at the basket. It was filled with all my favorite food, they'd printed pictures that they had took together and letter they had written me.

Dear mommy

I am soooooo happy your coming home today, I miss you so mush. I love you mommy.

Dear Neveah,

Today you're coming home and I can't wait to see your beautiful face, to kiss those lips and to keep you close to me, I won't let you go this time xx

I narely cried, I was so happy that they did this for me.

"Hey, not to spoil anything for you, but Carter has something really big planned for you when you get to his home."

My face immediately lights up, I was getting really happy. This day keeps on getting better and better.

"What have you done to my boss?" Tristan chuckles while driving off. I turn to look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask and he looks at me before back to the road.

"Boss, he didn't have emotion at all. The only emotion I've seen from his was anger which would probably lead to someone losing a life. 'Crazy' that's his trigger word, once someone calls him crazy, he loses control."

"Wha- please tell me more." I ask with my eyebrows furrowed, lips slowly parted.

"The first time I ever saw him kill someone was at a business meeting, someone had called him crazy..."

Flashback in Tristan's pov

"Ah the big man, Carter Rodriguez!" The bald and chubby man had said and he offered Carter a warm smile which he didn't return.

"Let's get straight into business, I didn't come here for a tea party." Without being told to, Carter took a seat at the head of the table.

"Tristan, sit." He said lowly and I sat to his left. The bald man, who was later known as Mr Pearson, sat across from us.

The table was fairly large and fit at least thirty men that were dressed in formal suits, with golden watches and gelled back hair, they all looked pretty similar.

"Carter-" Mr Pearson starts but Carter stopped him.

"I'm not Carter to you." He said slowly, he laid back in his chair and put his fingers on his chin.