C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - N I N E

Chapter Thirty Nine: You Ruined Date Night
Neveah's pov

"Do you not want to be here with me?" Carter says in an aggravated tone. I look up at him in shock of his sudden outburst.

"What?" I say in genuine confusion.

"You've barley eaten your food and you keep looking around, am I boring you?" He says now dissapointed.

I frown, and I hold his hand.

"Carter, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel that way, I just- I've been feeling paranoid today. Like something bad is going to happen, it's a feeling I can't shake off and it's bothering me."

"If I'm being honest, I'm feeling it too. Ever since I came to the hospital." he whispers back go me.

"What does this mean, Carter?"

"From my years of being in the gang, I'd say trust your gut. Something bad is going to happend Neveah, I'm not sure what if is yet, but it's going to happen. But I'll be with you and I'll do my best to protect you. You know that right?"

"Yes I do."

"All right, let's continue with our dinner shall we." He smiles and I smile back, we pour some wine in our glasses and talk the night away.

I have an amazing time with Carter, we talk about the things he's done this past week, what he's learnt by being alone and he's more focused on the business, his mental health and physical health too.

I talk about how Xylon needs to repeat his grade because he's missed out on a lot and I feel like it's my fault I put my son through that.

We talk about out future, how we would spend the rest of our lives together and other children we would have.

Our conversations are interruped by many phone calls that Carter had received, I wondered who it would be calling him at this time but payed no mind to it.

I think I even left my phone in Carter's car. But nonetheless, we both enjoyed each other's company untill it was midnight.

"I think it's time to go, we're the last people here." I say nervously and he calls the waiter paying for the whole dinner and tipping the waiter a whole $1500. I forget he's super rich at times.

"Are we ready to-" Carter gets cut off by his phone ringing again.

"I think you should take that, I might be urgent." I say and he excuses himself.

I wait patiently for his call to end and head over to a mirror that was on the wall reapplying my lipstick.

"NEVEAH!" A voice screams and Penny comes through the door.

"Penny! What are you doing here?" I chuckle and I hear another car pull up.

"Neveah we need to leave all of us now." Carter says as soon as we get off the phone.

"Wait, what's going on?" I ask as Carter pushes us towards the exit.

"He's about to die, that's what's going on Neveah." Thomas walks in through the door with a gun in his hand casually playing with it.

"Thomas, this is not funny, let's just all go home now." Penny warns.

"Oh you're free to go, I just want him." He cocks the gun and points it towards Carter.

"Neveah, leave." Carter says without moving his eyes from Thomas.

"Thomas, why are you doing this, I don't understand." I say with tears in my eyes.

I can't lose Carter, no not after all we've been through.

"I'll explain when we get home, Neveah we need to LEAVE." Penny says and one of the workers comes out and sees what's going on.

Thomas points the gun at the worker and pulls the trigger, it's loud as I just remembered.

I wince as the bullet reaches the workers forehead sending him to the ground. This made me realize just how serious this was, Thomas was going to kill Carter.

"ANYONE WHO TELLS THE COPS IS NEXT, GET OUT!" Thomas yells and the workers all rush outside, I really hope they call the police.

"Now," He smirks. "Where were we?" Thomas points the gun back at Carter and I sob.

"Thomas, please! Please don't do this, I'll... I'll do whatever you want me to do."

"Whatever?" Thomas says and I look at Carter who nods at me, I look back at Thomas who still has the gun pointed at Carter.

"Whatever you want T-Thomas, you name it and I'll do it." I say and he chuckles.

"You want me to see how I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend huh Carter?"

My heart drops. No, I can't... I really can't do this.

"Are you wearing and panties underneath that pretty dress?" He asks and I nod.

"Thomas don't do this." Penny says.

"SHUT UP!" He yells and turns back to me.

"I want you to take 'em off. Right. Now." I slowly see Penny shifting to Carters side, it seems they have a plan. It better hurry it cause I don't like where this is going.

"Hurry up, baby girl!" I slowly go underneath my dress and pull my panties down.

"Toss 'em over here." He says and I throw my panties to him. He shoves them in his pocket and I have never been so disgusted.

"Bend over lemme see that ass." He says and before I could protest, Carter elbows Thomas on the head. It distractes him a little bit and that gives Carter the opportunity to throw me his keys.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" He tells and Thomas stands up.

"Carter I can't leave you-"

"FOR FUCKS SAKE FUCKING LEAVE NEVEAH!"

Listening to his command I grab Penny's arm and run outside.

"Xylon? Where's Xylon?" I ask and she points to his car. I give Penny the keys and run to her car and go to the back seat.

"Mommy." He cries and I carry him to Carters car.

"It's okay mommy is here, you're safe now baby." I put Xylon in Penny's arms and I turn running to the driver's side. I stop in my tracks once I hear no one, but two gunshots.

"NEVEAH GET IN THE CAR!" Penny shouts and I hesitantly run to the drivers, pulling out of the parking and speeding to my home.

I look to see Xylon with his eyes almost popping out and his skin pale, Penny with her hair a mess and tears streaming down her face.

I look back at the road and try to breathe as I speed through a red light.
I really hope that Carter is okay.

Guess what? Third update today 👀 soooo what did you think of this chapter? If you're a little confused, don't worry the next chapter will explain everything, hope you enjoyed ❤️

-Mel_S_Bee