E P I L O G U E

10 years later

Xylon's pov

"Azalea fucking leave my room!" I yell in annoyance and she gasps, covering her hand over her mouth.

I close my eyes sinking into my bed realizing what I've done.

"Xylon said a bad word! Xylon said a bad word! I'm telling mommy!"

"Wait, wait, wait! I'll give you a dollar? Just please, please don't tell mom." I say taking our a dollar out of my wallet.

She smiles and takes the dollar. I rest back into my bed and continue with my video game.

"Loser." She says and I roll my eyes. I love my little sister but most of the time she's a pain in the ass. I don't remember ever being that annoying when I was her age so I don't know where she got it from.

"Xylon!" My mother screams from downstairs. That little retard snitched on me, I can tell by the way my mom said my name.

"MA?" I yell before dragging my fett downstairs and to the kitchen with her hand on her hips.

"Ma?" I say softly, glancing at Azalea who was behind moms legs.

"Now what did I tell you about swearing on front of your sister, she's only five Xylon." She says and I sigh.

"I'm sorry, mom." I say.

"Say it like you mean it." She says and I repeat my apology in a different voice mocking my mother.

She laughs and I laugh with her.

"Your father will be back anytime soon, set the table for me." She says and I nod.

By father she mean Carter Blake Rodriguez, I was officially he's son. I don't even have my mother's maiden name as my surname anymore, I'm Xylon Rodriguez.

Ever since the night that of Thomas, that's what my mom and I call it, we moved to Canada and started a new life here. I'm glad we did. I feel happier here and safer.

It's cool that my dad was in gang, I always think about it, more than I should actually. I don't remember that much but all I know is that it must've been cool. I wonder if he misses the gang.

"I'm home!" My father yells and I hear Azalea's little feet run to the door screaming 'daddyyyyyy'

"There's my little girl." He says and picks her up swinging her around.

"There's my son." He smiles at me and I smile back, giving him a fist bump.

"Sup dad." I say and he whispers in my ear.

"Meet me in the mancave." I nod and he goes inside the kitchen to great mom.

I walk down to the mancave and think about what he would want down there. We built the man cave to get away from the girls of the family, no girl was allowed in the mancave.

"Okay." My dad gets in and closes the door behind me. "Sit down, son. We have to talk, just me and you."

I sit down on the couch and he sits down in front of me on the coffee table, he takes a deep breath in and releases it before looking me in the eyes.

"Whats up, dad?"

"What's my name, my full name?" He says.

"Carter Blake Rodriguez." I say calmly and he nods.

"Good. Now Carter Blake Rodriguez, is a very powerful man. Very very powerful, Xylon I need you to understand that." I nod and he looks around awkwardly.

"I don't know if you remember you were quite young when this happened but I had left the gang I was in, for you and your mother." I nod in agreement. "Right here's the plot twist, I went back to the gang."

"You did what?!" I yell in shock and he quickly covers my mouth.

"Lower your voice. I mean I did leave the gang, but they needed me back. No one knew how to run a gang as smoothly as I do." I remove his hands of my mouth to speak.

"Does mom know about this?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"And I want it to stay like that, Xylon Rodriguez. See your dad is getting old, I don't have the energy to do the things I did back then, I'm no longer able to. Which is why I'm giving you this."

He takes out a gun from behind his dress pants, and examines it.

"This was the first gun I had, I was also your age when I recived it. I worked hard for it, I worked hard for my empire... My dynasty. I want you to take over for me. I want you to keep my empire successful as I made it. All the power is in your hands, but I want you to know the dangers of it. "

"it's not easy, but I'll guide you. I'll bring you to work with me and show you how everything is done. But you have a choice, I'm not going to force you to do anything, son. I'm going to leave the gun here." He places is on the coffee table next to him.

"If I come back and the gun is gone, you've accepted my offer but If I return and the gun is still here I'll understand and respect your decision. "

He stands up and leaves. I am still shocked, I don't know what to do. My dad was still in the gang, it took me a while to wrap my head around that fact.

Not only was my dad still in the gang but he wants me to take over, his whole empire, he's handing it over to me.

It's a big decision, I don't think I'm ready to take such responsibility. I can barely cook rice, and now I have to lead a whole empire.

But just like any other person, someone can learn and I was learning from the greatest, Carter Blake Rodriguez, my father. He was going to teach me to be just like him.

The thought inspires and motivates me, although I'm not prepared to face so much danger and put myself through that, I will learn how to prepare myself for those situations.

I did what my heart and soul told me to do. I took the gun.