C H A P T E R - F O U R T E E E N

Chapter fourteen: The Boss Is Back
Neveah's pov

I know Leo didn't like this, but this is the only way. Carter promised me that he was gonna get my child back and I can actually see him working to do so.

"We're here."  Carter stops the car and turns to to both of us. "Now listen, There are things we can't do here. Here are the rules; number one, do not wonder off, stick with me. Number two, don't talk to anyone. Number three, don't touch anyone. Number four, don't make eye contact. You got it?"  I nod and we both look at Leo in the backseat, he glares at us before he looks out the window muttering something.

"Leo." I say and he glares at me once again.

"Go on without me. I'm not trying to get in prison." He says and Carter and I both roll our eyes.

"Here." He hands me a black cap and I put it on my head. We were both wearing all black and once we go over the rules again we go out and into the building. The building was in a bad place in town, poor areas of the town. The streets are empty, not one car and not one single person. It is so quiet you can here a pin drop.

We walk across the street and I place my hands in my pockets following Carter. As I'm walking behind him, I take the time to study him. He's tall, standing at 6'5. The way he walks is way too swift, as if he belongs on a runway. His long legs taking long strides as he runs his hands effortlessly through his brown curled hair.

I swallow, suddenly feeling parched. I part my lips slightly and take a deep breathe in and out again.

Focus, we're here to get your son.

"Are you scared?" He asks as he looks for his keys to the small house, it looked shady as hell. Something I wouldn't want to sleep in but I had one thing in mind, and that was to get my son.

"A little nervous," I say truthfully. "I've never been to this part of the town."

He chuckles and opens the door.

"Welcome to my world, princess." He gives me a smile and I was motionless. That was my first time seeing him smile, a toothy smile at that. Damn it was such a beautiful smile. Why doesn't he smile more often? He holds out his hand for me and I take it. The house was empty, no one inside. Nothing.

"Carter?"

"Shhh relax. You trust me?" He asks and nod without hesitation.

"Come with me." He says and we walk to a basement type of thing, it was dark and there was a black metal door on the other side and a large man standing in front of it. I tighten my grip on Carter's hand and we both look down as we about to go to the door.

"Aye, who the hell are you two?" His loud deep voice bellows. Carter and I stop in front of him and the door, Carter is still looking down with a cap and hoodie of his head.

"Let me in." He says and I get scared. Is he insane?

"Listen pimps, I'm gonna need you to take your suburb asses outta here and get lost before I have to get physical with you two."

"Now tell me Mark," Carter looks up and Mark's face turns to pure shock. "Is that a way you should be talking to your boss?"

Boss?

Boss of what? His gang?

"Oh boss, you're here. How? Don't you have another 8 years?" Mark says still in shock.

"Nah, my time is up." He says and I nod. That was the deal. Carter is a free man.

"It's good to have you back boss. Who's the girl?" He says looking at me and I look back at him.