C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Chapter Seven: Carter vs Leo
Carter's pov

It's been almost two weeks and Neveah still hasn't woken up, no progress has been made and I'm starting to lose hope. Maybe Neveah is never coming back.

The ringing of my phone brings me out of my thoughts and I see an unsaved number calling me.

"What?" I say blankly.

"Carter, what the fuck did you do to Neveah and where the hell is Xylon?"

"And who am I talking to?"

"Leo."

I roll my eyes and walk over to the lounge to see Xylon eating and watching TV. He's been doing better, the day he saw his mother as the worst day.

Xylon struggled, he didn't eat, I didn't see him smile and he wasn't sleeping. But we struggled together and I will say that it has bought us closer to one another.

Xylon's company is amazing, he was very mature. He reminds me very much of his mother, he is courteous, responsible, kinds, had very good manners. I can tell that Neveah was a very good mother.

"Hello? Are you still there?" Leo's bothersome voice snaps me back to reality. "Please, just don't kill her."

"Why the fuck would I do that?"

"I don't know, you're used to that shit." I was getting angrier by the second, I don't know if it was his annoying ass voice or the level of disrespect he has for me, either way it is pissing me off. "Listen, please don't say she's hurt or anything."

I stay silent, contemplating on weather I should tell him or not.

"Neveah is in a coma." I hang up.

Lord knows about what he was about to say, and quite frankly, I didn't really care. He has nothing to do with Neveah-

"Carter." A small voice inturupts my thoughts.

"What's up, Big man?" I ask him pulling him into my lap. He wraps his tiny hands around my neck and he states at me. "What is it? You know you can say anything to me." I encourage.

"I want to visit mommy." I sigh and give him a tight smile.

"Okay. We'll go visit mommy. But aren't you hungry?" I ask tickling his belly and be laughs.

"I am." He smiles at me.

"Let's go make a pizza, yeah?"

"PIZZA!" He screams and I scream with him putting him on my shoulders and running with him to the kitchen.

I place him in the kitchen counter and a speaker on the island. I connect my phone and smirk at Xylon before playing 'Only Girl' by Rihanna.

Hey, don't judge me. The song is a bop.

Suprisingly, Xylon knows the song and smiles singing a long loudly.

"You know this song Big Man?!" I shout over the loud music and he claps his hand, laughing while he nods at me.

"WANT YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD! Sing with me Xylon!"

"LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS YOUR HEART!" We sing together and we start dancing to Rihanna.

After dancing to the greatest hits, we decide to get started on our pizza.

"Okay so this is how it's done." If I'm being honest I have no idea how to make a pizza, this is my first time. But I want to spend some time with Xylon so we learn together on YouTube.