C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y S E V E N

Chapter Thirty Seven: First steps
Neveah's Pov

Now that Xylon is with me, I never want to let him out of my sight. I feel like if I look away even just for a second, he'll be taken away from me. That's my biggest fear, losing him again.

Although I thought it would be much better if Carter was with us, I know he had to work on himself and I totally respect that.

What Carter did last week, leaving the gang, shows just how much he really  cares for Xylon and I. Carter is changing, for me and for Xylon and I couldn't be happier. We could finally be together without having to worry about any one putting us in danger.

Sitting on the patio by myself makes me think about a lot of things. Good and bad, so-

"Hellooo Penny! I'm back!" My heart stops as this new deep voice rings through the house.

Xylon. I hope he's safe.

"Penny!" The voice sings and I walk slowly into the house. The person behind the voice stands with his back facing me.

He looks really familiar, he was lean and has blonde hair.

"I hope you cooked something cause I'm starving- Neveah?" He turns around and faces me, my body relaxes and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thomas." I smile and he walks towards me, he's arms wide open and he brings me into a warm hug. I hug him back and he then pulls away to look at me in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" He asks and before I could even talk, someone spoke for me.

"She's temporarily living with us." Penny says and hugs his cousin. "How do you know each other?"

"I bought her coffee." He chuckles nervously and I laugh.

"After he spilt my latte on me." I say and Penny laughs.

"Are you ready?" she asks me after some small talk.

"Yeah, let's go." We were going to meet up with Carter at the hospital and remove my cast. I was excited because I wouldn't have this huge thing on my leg everyday, and my scars would have fully healed by now.

"Xylon, let's go!" I yell and my baby boy comes running down the stairs to me, he stops in his tracks when he sees Thomas.

"Thomas!" He screams and hugs his leg, Thomas offers Xylon a friendly smile as he bends down and gives him a fist bump.

"I missed you." Thomas says and Xylon hugs his neck. Thomas stands up with Xylon in his arms.

"Let's go."

~*~

"Well look at that, your leg healed faster than expected. It's as good as new." The doctor said and he somewhat right.

My leg had a few dark marks but they weren't bad, I was just thankful that I could walk normally again with out this stupid cast.

"Do you wanna take your first steps", Neveah?" Thomas asks and nervously nod my head.

He puts Xylon on Penny's lap and walks up to me giving me support to stand, his hand around me waist.

I stand up and take a few steps, it's as if my leg could finally breathe. After a few minutes, I could walk properly.

"Sorry I'm late." A voice says and we all look at the door to see Carter. He was dressed in gray sweatpants and a navy blue sweatshirt, with white sneakers. His hands buried deep in his pockets as he gives me a smile, he takes them out of his pocket and opens his arms to me.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his around my waist, nothing was as comforting as being in Carter's arms.

"Xylon baby look who's here." Penny says and I look at Xylon to see his face light up in excitement.

"Carter! Carter!" He screams and Carter laughs picking him up and spinning him on circles. He gives Xylon many face kisses and tickles as my son laughs.

"Who's that?" I hear Thomas whisper and I turn around to face him.

"Oh I forgot to introduce you guys. Carter this is my good friend and Penelope's cousin, Thomas. Thomas this is my boyfriend, Carter."

"It's nice to meet you." Carter sticks out his hand for Thomas to shake and Thomas hesitantly shakes it.

He nervously chuckles, "You didn't tell me you have a boyfriend."

"You didn't ask dipshit." Penelope says and Thomas sits down on the chair next to Penny.

Penny's pov

Thomas sits down next to me and he sighs in disappointment. I hold his hand and he looks at me with a tight smile.

I look over to Neveah and I see the biggest smile on her face as she watches how Carter interacts with Xylon.

I won't lie, they look good together. All of them.

I think it's cute how Carter gave up a lot for them, but I also don't like how he put Neveah in danger.

I hear Xylon regurgitating and I look over to see Carter and Neveah kissing lightly on the lips, I chuckle and turn to Thomas.

"Hey." I say and he looks over at me, "I know you liked Neveah."

"Oh, no shit." He says plainly and I roll my eyes.

"You see how happy she is, Tom. Please don't ruin is, she really deserves all the happiness she has right now." I say and all he does is smirk.

"Oh and one more thing, Thomas. Don't try mess with Carter, he's more dangerous than you think. Fuck around with him and you might get yourself killed." His smirk drops and I look at Carter who was looking at me, he stared for a long time before he got distracted by Xylon again.

What was that for?

Hey how you doin' 😭
Ummm I'm so sorry it took me forever to update!! I might update again later today.
Sorry for this boring chapter, trust me juicy things are about to happen soon soon 🙃

-Mel_S_Bee