C H A P T E R - F O U R T Y

Chapter Fourty: Canada
Neveah's pov

Seconds turn into minutes and minutes turn into hours. Panic turns into fear and fear turns into tears.

It's been 4 hours and I've heard nothing from Carter. No phone call, no text, nothing. I'm scared because I heard those two gunshots. I don't know who got them, what if it was Carter?

How would I tell Xylon? The man he looked up to was dead, and he was never coming back.

Penny sits down and explained to me earlier about Thomas.

"He kept talking about Carter, how he really hated him. He was his a rival, an enemy but I payed no mind to it. I told him to stay out your business with Carter. If you haven't notice, he took a liking to you Neveah, he had the biggest crush on you and when he found out about you and Carter he was devistated."

"He kept quiet for a long time after the both if you left, and I decided that it was late and time to put Xylon to sleep. I went up to your room and tucked him in but when I came back I heard Thomas on the phone. I stayed and listened for a while."

"He talked about how he could get him, he kept on talking about him but I had no idea what he was talking about, it was only until he said the word boss through the phone. It didn't take me long to figure out that Thomas was in a gang, not just any gang but Carter's Rival. I figured out that the 'him' he was talking about was Carter.

"I had to do something, I know you loved Carter and you'd be devistated to find out he was killed. I took Xylon and told Thomas we were going out for some fresh air around the backyard but he saw me get into the car, I tried calling you and you didn't pick up."

"The only way was to rush to you guys to warn you about what Thomas was about to do. I'm sorry that this happened Neveah."

I thanked her for her bravery and sat down on my couch thinking about what would happen if I lost Carter right now.

The door knob to the front door turned, I looked at it hoping that it would be Carter but it happened to be someone else.

"Leo?"
"Neveah?"

"What are you doing here?" He asks and I cross my arms.

"I live here Leo. What are you doing here?" He closes the door behind him and sighs.

What the hell was Leo doing here? And where's his little side chick, Britney.

"I miss you, Neveah. I miss us." He says and I stare at him before bursting out in a fit of laughter, he can't be serious.

"You're very funny, Leo." I laugh and sit down on the couch and I look at him to see him with a straight face. "You can't be serious." I say.

"I am. Neveah, I know what I did was wrong, I'm aware. I'm sorry, I thought I could live with my mistake but I really couldn't, I live with all the regret. I miss you, I miss Xylon."

"FUCK YOU, LEO! SCREW YOU!" I yell with tears streaming down my face, fuck these tears too. "You know all along you I thought you were smart Leo, I really did. But you're so fucking dense, extremely dense if you would think I would take you back."

"Please hear me out." He pleads.

"I don't want to." I laugh and wipe my tears. "I really don't fucking want to. I'm doing so much better without you."

"I understand-" He gets cut short when the front door opens. I breathe a sigh of relief as Carter walks to it.

"Carter." I breathe out and run into his arms, he wraps his tightly around mine and I cry in his arms. "I thought you were dead." I whisper through the tears.