C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E

Chapter Twenty Nine: Madly in love
Carter's pov

I'm not going to lie and say I haven't grown an emotional attachment to Xylon, I have. I love him, he's one of the best thing that has ever entered my life. Xylon has bought me nothing but joy and at times has even taught me some life lessons.

Xylon lays asleep next to me in my arms and I play with his hair, his hair was very similar to his mother's hair, natural. I am glad that Xylon feels comfortable with me, we get along just fine and on most nights we lay in my bed and I read him bedtime stories untill he falls asleep.

Xylon at times makes me think that he doesn't need school because of his level of maturity and also because he is smart, he even knows the periodic table off by heart and the only element I know is hydroxide...if that's even an element.

But I know that education is important and Xylon could gain more insight, I hired him a private teacher for his grade, he's been doing great. I've only gotton good feedback from the teacher, Mrs Sadie.

Just like his mother, Xylon was perfect. Neveah has also been making some improvements, big ones too. In a week she'll be able to come home, she's never been to my home but she will soon and I hope she enjoys it.

"Carter." Xylon says and I smile at him.

"Hey big man, you're up so early."

"Mhm." He stretches and puts his head on my shoulder.

"Do you wanna FaceTime mommy?" I ask and he nods his head. I know he's very close to his mother and it must feel odd to not have her around as much.

I take my phone off my night stand and FaceTime Neveah, she answers the phone after a few moments.

She looks breathtaking, even in those hospital clothes. She always looks beautiful, she doesn't have any flaws.

"Hi, you guys!" She says with excitement waving at us. I wave back and Xylon greets her with twice the enthusiasm.

"Aw you guys, I wish I was there with you."

"You will be, next week when you're ready to leave that hospital." I say still looking at her in admiration.

"Hopefully, Carter." She winks and I smile.

"Come on, let's go make some pancakes." I pick up Xylon and carry him to the kitchen while he still talks to his mother, I place him on the chair by the Island and start making his new favourite blueberry pancakes.

His teacher was coming soon and I need to get him dressed so I could go to work, which was thirty minutes away.

I have my little scenario's in my head, Xylon is the son I never and Neveah is my wife. It feels that way and I want it to be that way.

I guess you could call me weird for thinking like that but it seemed like a perfect life to me, and there's nothing I want more.

I would provide for Neveah and Xylon, I would be the father and husband my dad failed to be to me.

We could take Xylon to the most prestigious school and give him the life he wants so he can become successful when he's older. If support him no matter what, even if he decides to be gay or bisexual or to even move across to across the entire wold I would still love him and support him the same.

I would give Neveah the life she's always wanted, we would have a bigger family and we'd go on date nights and embarrass our children in front of his or her friends.

I can all see it clearly, I know what I want in life.

"I love you baby." Neveah says on the other end.

"I love you, mommy."

He hands me the phone and I see her, although she's physically broken, you can see the happiness in her eyes. I could stare at her forever.

"I hope you're coming to see me later, Cater."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Neveah." I say sincerely, she giggles and I can't help but smile from ear to ear.

"Bye, Carter." She says softly.

"Goodbye, Neveah."