C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

Chapter Seventeen: Crazy
Neveah's Pov

Relief runs through my body as I hear Carter say those words.

"We're going to get him and leave? That's right, yeah?" I look up at Carter in hope and his smirk dies down shortly after those words had left my mouth.

"It's not that simple, Dr Neveah. We have to sit down and plan this strategically." I sigh feeling tears well up in my eyes. I wasn't going to overreact, I understand that we can't just barge in and take my son, I'm pretty sure Caleb would have tight security.

I throw myself back on the seat and breathe out heavily, this is more difficult than I thought it would be and I realize it would take some time.

"How long do you think it would take to get him back, Carter?" I ask with my eyes closed and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I don't know, maybe two weeks-"

"TWO WEEKS?! Carter?!" I say in subtle anger.

"Neveah, I told you we have to plan everything, we can just waltz in there and expect to come back in one piece or even better, with your son."

"But two weeks?"

"We have to come up with a good plan, and more than one in case things don't go our way. Hey, look at me," he says and I do as I'm told. "I'm going to get you your son Neveah, and that's a promise." He says firmly looking into my eyes. "But for now I just want you to rest Neveah you've been up for so long."

We then enter a parking lot of a huge hotel that has bright lights, the place is extremely beautiful. I'm sure it was expensive to just sleep here for one night.

"This is where you'll be staying for two weeks, this place is safe-"

"Where I'll be staying?" I cut him as we walk into the building, it's more beautiful inside than the outside. The whole place was bright and has beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. "What about you? Where are you going to be staying."

"It's not...safe." He stops as we get to the counter. "She's gonna be staying up in my room." He says and walks with my hand in his.

"Yes, Mr Rodriguez." The pretty receptionist types something in her computer before she hands us a card.

"Wait, do you like own this place or something?"

"It's one of the hotels I own, nothing much."

"Nothing much? Carter, this place is bigger than...I don't know, but its huge. And it looks expensive too."

"Thanks." He says playfully winking at me and he turns back walking into the elevator. He presses 501, the highest floor.

"So where will you be staying?" I ask again.

"I don't want people to see me with you, that'll be obvious as to what I'm doing here in Vegas. So I need to keep my distance from you. I'll sleep in the lowest floor." The elevator door opens and it reveals a huge beautiful living room with a grand piano in the center. A fireplace right where the couches are.

"Carter, this place...I'm speechless." I say touching the smooth gray walls, walking on the marble floor I was scared to even touch anything because if I break it, it would cost my whole life.

"It's all yours for two weeks. They'll be security guards right by the elevator twenty-four-seven to protect you. You have my phone number, call me and I'll be here in a second. You're safe here, Neveah."

You're safe.

That's all he's been saying to me and I need to start believe it. I'm safe. I'm safe.