C H A P T E R - S I X T E E N

Chapter Sixteen: We're here
Neveah's pov

Driving to Las Vegas was nerve wracking. A lot was going through my head; was I actually going to find my son? Is he safe? What if Caleb kills him? What if this is just a trap? My head was beginning to hurt with all the stress. 

I had to find him. I just have too.

"Hey, calm down. We're going to find him, just relax." Carter whispers in my ear and pulls me close and into his embrace. Without hesitation, I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Thank you Carter."

"Don't thank me just yet," he chuckles. "I haven't completed my job yet." I look up at him and he looks down at me. The sexual tension was too much. Something drew me too him, like a moth to a flame. A spark in his eye beguiled me, I wanted to turn away but I just couldn't.

POV: C A R T E R  R O D R I G U E Z

I hate her. 

I don't want her.

I want her to stay away from me.

I kept telling myself these things, but I just couldn't act upon it. I want her, though she had a boyfriend.

Neveah Evelyn King, she drives me crazy. Everything she does, it just never fails to amaze me. Like how she would always dress casually during our sessions in an attempt to make me comfortable and create a friendly environment. And how she would tie her hair into different hairstyles depending on her mood; if she was happy it would usually be in a French braid or something like that, or on some gloomy days she'd just tie it into a low ponytail.

How she would always fiddles her thumbs and chew the inside of her cheek when she was nervous, or how she her eyes would light up once she got a reaction from me.

I was never much of a talker, from when I was still at school and nothing has changed. Every time I said something, I'd get looked at weirdly, or people would call me crazy. That...that drove me insane.

I'm many things, but crazy is not one of them.

But the reason why I'm helping Neveah was because I want out. Being in prison was rough and I missed the streets, I missed my gang. Along the way I genuinely felt bad for Dr Neveah, her son was missing. I couldn't just walk away from that. I know I'm a bad man and I've done some pretty bad things in my life, but Dr Neveah never deemed be a criminal, although I was, she never did anything to remind me of such.

The least I could help her out.

Entering Vegas, I smirk thinking about my younger days when we used to come here all the time. Strippers, sex, money it all drove us here but shit got serious and we had to stop fucking around, I trained my gang to be serious and here we are. The best gang the world has seen.

I look over to see Neveah staring out the window. I squeeze her hand and she looks back at me.

"We're here Doctor."