C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F I V E

Chapter Twenty-Five: Depression and Obsession
Carter's pov

I've only heard about it in movies, I've only seen it in the newspaper, read about it in a book, seen it when I torture someone but today for the first time in forever, I am finally experiencing it.

Pain.

Not the greatest feeling and it was painful to not wake up and see Xylon's huge smile anymore. It was painful to hear the person I love so much tell me that she's scared of me.

I don't know how to fix it, I don't know where to start, I was completely unsure of what I would do to fix myself.

I want to cry, I really do but I can't. In the world we are in today, if am man cries he's considered weak. I'm not weak.

I roll over in bed and look at the big window, the sun was starting to rise. I'd been up all night, the silence screaming at me.

I can't stop thinking, I miss Neveah, and I miss Xylon. How was I going to fix things between him and I? What could I do to make him forgive me.

My phone rings and I think of ignoring it, it's five in the morning, who the fuck calls someone at 5am. I look at my phone just in case it's something important.

My body jolts up from bed and I panic answering the phone call.

"Carter." A small voice says from the other end of the phone.

"Whats wrong, Neveah?" I ask.

"I've been thinking." She says calmly. I breathe in relief that it's not anything serious, or maybe it was actually.

"What have you been thinking about, baby?" I say throwing myself in bed on my back.

"About... Everything. About you, Xylon...us." She says the last part softly.

I smiled.

"Oh yeah?" I smirk and I can hear her laugh softly, "All good things I hope."

"Not so much." She says and my smile falls.

"What do you mean?"

"Carter, first off I would like to thank you. Without you and the gang, I would never have gotton my son back..."

~*~

Its been a week since the call and I feel worse. Maybe I'm sick, like in the head. Maybe I need help.

But who would want to help me? A murder. Who could possibly trust me?  Neveah was the only one who gave me a chance.

"Boss." Tristan says and I turn over in bed to look at him.

"What?" I say coldly and he sits down on the bed. Tristan has been the only one to check up on me once in a while.

He's been taking care of the gang for me, running it smoothly, and protecting Neveah and Xylon.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I just stare at the white wall in front of me.

"How are my hotels?" I ask and he sighs.

"Carter, I'm being serious. This is the worst I've seen you, I'm getting worried." He said and I smile.

I smile because I was thinking of somthing. Why didn't I think of this earlier, this would help to get Neveah and Xylon back.

"You want me to be honest, Tristan?" I ask and he nods. "I'm not okay, really I'm not. But I will be, in a matter of few days. I will be."