Prequel

1102

"let me go!" I screamed, fighting the ropes that tied my hands around the post behind me.

"please!" another girl tied to the one next to me cried, "I have a family, 2 sisters, my mother and fath-"

"SILENCE!" the man leading their small group yelled, "all witches will be burned at stake"

My eyes pooled with tears, my wrists were burning from the rope I tried escaping. My powers had been weakened due to them locking us up in a cellar the day before and torturing us.

Other men began to pour gasoline over our bodies and I closed my eyes, accepting my fate.

I felt the heat of the flames light up and I knew that any second I would be burn to ash. Until..

Many screams erupted, and it wasn't coming from us. I opened my eyes, slightly horrified at the sight.

A lady much older than me stood, men slaughtered all around her. I looked at her cautiously, unsure why she saved us, or if she even did save us.

"Valencia Black" She said my name, "My name is Daphne Hart, I'm a good friend of your mother" she stepped up to me.

"My mothers dead" my voice shook, "she died years ago. I was just a baby"

"Indeed she did.." the mysterious lady began to untie my wrists, "she saved her life for me"

"what?" I was freed.

"Your mother was a vampire"

"My mother was no such thing" I scoffed, "she was a witch"

"she was a heretic, and so are you"

"what?- where are you going with this" I questioned.

"we were on the run together from a hunter, one neither of us could kill unless we wanted to be cursed. They almost killed me but your mother stepped in and saved my life"

I stayed silent, listening to her story.

"Before she died, she had one wish. To keep you alive and safe. And now I'm keeping her promise" the lady bit her wrist and it began bleeding.

"what are you doi-" she shoved her wrist on my mouth and then I tasted the metallic taste of blood.

I pushed her away. "stop it!"

"I'm sorry Valencia" she said, before snapping my neck.

A/N: this book includes stuff from TVD and Harry Potter. I don't own the characters besides the ones I create. Enjoy 💗💗

(also please correct me if I make big grammar mistakes, I don't read over my chapters so it would make sense if I do have some.)