29

Draco reappeared in the common room, and he sat up with the biggest headache. Instinctively, he looked next to him to find Valencia, but she wasn't there.

"where is she?" Everly cautiously asked, scared to know the answer.

"I was with her a moment ago" Draco breathed, looking around, "it- ...it didn't work..."

***

"Valencia?"

I opened my eyes and saw I was back in the forest I died in. Everly was standing over me with Draco.

"It worked.." I muttered in utter shock. I actually escaped!

Everly hugged me, "thank merlin this is all over" she said in my shoulder.

"I hope I never die again" I replied, half joking-half serious.

"well, it's late out, we should get back to Hogwarts before the sun comes out again" Everly then said, giving me a hand.

I took her hand, and got up.

"but i'm expelled from there, remember" I reminded Everly.

"oh..right"

"I do have another idea" Draco told us, picking up a wooden stick.

I looked at him in confusion, and Everly then picked one up too.

They both raised their hands and forcefully shoved me to the ground with telekinesis.

"what are you do-"

Draco and Everly began to stab me repeatedly, and I screamed in pain. My wounds weren't healing, and I didn't have a high pain tolerance anymore either.

Their eyes both became red, and demonic laughter erupted from them.

That was when my heart dropped.

I never escaped.

In a couple of seconds, I passed out. But instead of waking up in a lab as I expected, the demons must have made a change of plans.

I was in a black room? Maybe it wasn't a room. There weren't any walls, just an empty void of darkness.

It was almost pitch black, the only thing I could feel was the shiny black ground that somehow had a reflection. Where the fuck am I?

"It's been a while Valencia"

I turned around. It was Aspen, or a demon disguised as him.

"You're not real." I stated, briefly rolling my eyes.

"I wanted to apologize" Aspen spoke, ignoring my remark, "for leaving you behind"

"I don't take apology's from demons" i crossed my arms looking away.

"I'm not a demon!" He argued in frustration.

"If you were the real Aspen i'd still consider you a demon" I shrugged, glaring back at him.

"I don't know what's going on Valencia.. I was in hell one minute and now I'm here!" He said to me, genuine confusion in his eyes.

"I swear hell thinks they can just trick me over and over" I dryly chuckled, staring up at the dark sky of nothingness.

"oh he's real alright" A different voice said, I looked around and didn't see anyone else besides Aspen.

"who's there?" I cautiously asked, looking in the direction i heard the voice.

"turn around Valencia" The formal yet unsettling voice spoke again.

I slowly turned around, and was faced by a taller man. His hair was dirty blonde with curls, and he had a blunt expression.