11

Once I cleaned the blood off my face, I ran to find draco.

He was outside in the courtyard with crabbe and goyle.

I walked over to them and he glared at me. I turned to crabbe, "leave" I said. Without a word, he walked away.

"what are you doing?" Draco asked in a harsh tone, "stop it"

I ignored him, and compelled Goyle to leave.

Draco crossed his arms, "You can't compel me, i'm on vervain"

"I wasn't going to compel you" I sighed, "I wanted to talk"

"Talk about what? That you're a bloodthirsty monster?" Draco snapped, "how old are you?!"

"I stopped aging at 16.." I said to him.

"I mean how long have you been alive"

"It doesn't matter Draco" I told him, "I don't want you to hate me"

He looked away, unsure what to say.

"Why would you even keep this from me? You let me walk around with you when at any second I could have been your dinner!"

I rolled my eyes, "oh come on Dra-"

"Did you kill that missing hufflepuff? What about umbridge. I heard she went missing too." Draco began, "and I bet that's the secret Potter new!"

"I wanted to tell you" I said to him, "but I didn't want you to hate me"

"..who else knows.."

"Harry, Hermione, Ron, and uh.."

"well spit it out!"

"Everly is also a vampire" I told him, "that girl you went to the yule ball with"

He looked like he genuinely didn't know how to react. Fighting on the thought of either hating me or staying with me.

"I'm the same person, Draco, before you knew and after. This doesn't change anything"

"my father gave me this" he pulled out a wooden stake from the large pocket in his cloak.

My eyes widened and I took a step back without realizing. "surely you don't want to kill me"

He tossed it aside on the ground, "of course i'm not going to kill you"

"Draco I want us to be friends" I said to him, "I can't have my closest friends be Potter and his gang..they're unbearably annoying sometimes"

He looked like he was trying not to laugh, but then left out a small chuckle.

"Come to my dorm" I said, "I'll tell you everything you want to know. No more secrets"

***

"can you eat garlic?"

I rolled my eyes, "yes"

"what about the sun? Don't you shine or something?"

"No actually. The sun burns vampires. I wear this" I showed him my daylight ring, "it protects me from being burned"

"and, why don't you have fangs?"

"I do, they only come out when i'm about to feed. I'd rather not show you" I answered.

"Fair enough.What else can vampires do?"

"I can hear at very long distances, I can run very fast, as you know I can do mind compulsion" I started, "my emotions are heightened, I can turn them off, I'm stronger, I can enter people minds, and my blood heals people.. which reminds me"