6

It was Thursday, I haven't sat with Malfoy at all today and I was avoiding him.

I hated that I couldn't ignore him and just brush him off like any other person. I was strangely drawn to him despite how little he has been apart if my life.

"You will be assigned partners for this project" Snape spoke in his monotone voice.

Project?

I raised my hand and said, "Isn't there a ball tomorrow? Are you seriously going to assign us a project today?!"

He stared at me sternly and answered, "Then I suppose you finish this in time, Ms Black"

I sighed and put my hand down, already planning on compelling my partner to do my project.

Snape began to read out who the partners would be and I was waiting for him to finish in boredom.

"Everly and Draco" I looked at Everly with jealousy and she noticed my facial expression and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion to why I reacted.

Her eyes widened after a moment and she looked at Draco and then back to me, before looking down and very quietly, she whispered.

"do you happen to fancy Malfoy?"

"oh my goodness no!" I whispered back from the other side of the classroom.

Everly shook her head and then someone approached me.

"Valencia? You're my partner" A shy looking boy spoke.

I looked on his eyes and compelled him into doing the whole project himself.

"Valencia!" Hermione rushed over to me, "did you just compel Neville?"

"If you're talking about that shy boy who was here a minute ago, then yes" I said to her.

"you can't just do that!" she continued, "it's wrong"

"well good thing I don't care about right and wrong" I replied, walking away from her to sit somewhere else.

I heard laughing and saw Everly and Draco looking to have a pretty fun time working on the project. Everly glanced at me and smirked.

A feeling in my stomach twisted and I felt a certain anger rise. Could it be? Am I seriously jealous?

No! Everly is definitely doing it on purpose to prove a point, I will not let this bother me.

***

I was sitting in my dorm, laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling. I'm so bored.

Maybe now while i'm not so busy I can try make things right with Malfoy.

I walked out of my dorm, and to my surprise, Malfoy was there on the coach reading.

"Draco" I broke the silence, he didn't budge, or move his eyes from the book.

"It's Malfoy to you" was all he said, a cold tone in his voice.

"I'm sorry" I sat next to him, "you were right"

He didn't answer.

"I realize how my actions may have made you feel, considering i've experienced betrayal myself"

He closed the book, still looking down at it.

"you're either friends with me, or you're friends with Potter. Pick a side" he finally said.

"why does it matter so much?"

"it matters because he's been my enemy for about 4 years!" His voice raised, "so maybe you can see why i don't want my friends getting cosy with my enemies!"