8

I ran over to them and compelled them to walk away and forget. That was close.

Now for this body here. Over to the forbidden forest it goes!

***

The dance was very soon, I put my dress on and got my mask. I looked amazing.

"wow" Everly spoke, "look at you" She was wearing a wine colored dress, it was divine.

"you look great" I told her, giggling a bit in excitement.

"Thanks.." she replied, "not for the compliment but for well.. you know"

I gave her a reassuring smile, "how about we go down to this ball" She grinned back, we both put our masks on and walked together.

When we walked in, a few eyes landed on us. The only eyes I was looking for was the ones that came from Draco. But he wasn't here yet..

I saw Harry, he looked very good if I was being honest.

I waved to Everly and walked over to Harry.

"You look beautiful, Valencia" He said, strangely in a more friendly way.

"And you look very well done too Harry" I replied, "shall we?"

We headed over to the dance floor and danced, but also talked.

"did you deal with other vampire?" Harry asked me.

I nodded, "turns out it was Everly's last lover, fully blown psycho if you ask me"

"what was her ex doing at Hogwarts?" He questioned, I thought about it for a moment and realized I had no clue why.

"I actually don't know" I furrowed my eyebrows i'm confused, "but he's dead now"

I leaned forward and whispered, "Draco and Blaise actually walked in on me looking like well- you know, I had to compel them into forgetting"

Harry's eyebrows raised, "I'd be careful if I were you, if Malfoy saw the other vampire, it won't be long before he tells his father and starts using vervain"

"You're right" I told him, "it be a mess if the word spread around Hogwarts that there were vampires here"

I glanced behind Harry's shoulder and saw Draco and Everly dancing. For a moment Draco and I made eye contact, he looked me up and down and then looked back to Everly.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I looked away. Harry was staring at me strangely.

"what?"

"I don't see why you fancy Malfoy"

I scoffed, "I don't!"

"Don't deny it Valencia, it's actually quite obvious"

"I barely have gotten close with him anyways, I just find him attractive that's all" I told harry.

"Well if you did like him that way, it would never work" Harry said, "he ages, you don't"

"Unless I-"

"I know what you're thinking, so stop thinking that"

"I know" I sighed, "anyways, have you gotten any more information on the cure?"

"I'm guessing it would be in Dumbledores office, or somewhere hidden in his possession" Harry said to me, "there is one slight issue"

"what is it?"

"there's only one dose of the cure. Only you or Everly can get it, not both" Harry explained.

"I should tell her, come to think of it, she only wanted to cure because she thought her ex was dead, but he wasn't, he is now though" I started, "I doubt she even needs it anymore, but I still should tell her.."