19

Every time I closed my eyes, I could only see Daphnes dead body. I didn't want to sleep, or do anything.

I didn't know what to do at all.

I know Daphne would kill me from the afterlife if I turned my humanity off. I was going to stay strong.

"are you feeling any better?" Draco asked me.

I shook my head, not speaking.

"Perhaps you don't attend classes this week" Everly said, "it's best you take your time to recover"

"I should have seen this coming" I quietly said, "I could have warned her and then this wouldn't have-"

"stop blaming yourself" draco interrupted, "you couldn't have known he was bad"

"every time I close my eyes, I see Daphne." I confessed, "It's never going to stop haunting me"

Draco laid down next to me and hugged me.
"Don't worry, i've got you" he assuringly said.

I closed my eyes, and saw Daphne. But instead of fighting it, I just looked at the horrific image. Maybe getting used to the sight will make me feel better.

This isn't helping at all actually. And that humanity switch is beginning to look very taunting.

The image began to fade, and I felt calmer. And more tired. This wasn't me falling asleep. This was Everly entering my mind.

I was suddenly in a huge field of flowers. Everly came next to me.

"Really?" I asked her.

"well Daphnes not haunting ur mind now is she?"

"not the image at least" I answered.

"Valencia, I am begging you to not turn it off. That's what Daphne would have wanted"

"I know" I nodded, "I'm not going to"

Me and Everly talked a bit, I was still sad though. Eventually I fell asleep, and guess what. I had nightmares of Daphnes death.

***

It was morning. I woke up and looked next to me, Draco wasn't there. I've never been so happy to get out of bed, if it means I don't get tortured by my own dreams I'll take it.

Nobody else was here. What time was is?

I ran out of the dorms, still wearing my clothes from yesterday. There was only like one of two students in here.

"aren't you supposed to be in uniform?" Daphne walked over to me.

"Daphne?" I blinked.

Everly, Draco, and Blaise walked in and saw me.

"That's not Daphne" Everly snapped her fingers in front of my face, and apologized to the random student.

I ran sped up to the dorms and quickly changed into my uniform.

They all ran up and saw my dressed for classes.

"I think you should rest Valencia" Everly said to me.

"I think I shouldn't, if I do my classes it can take my mind of things" I told her, "now what time is it?"

***

I managed to join my last 2 classes. Except I daydreamed the whole time. And sometimes the teachers turned into Daphne.

Maybe I'm the one who died, and this is hell.

It was already dinner, I wasn't hungry. I hadn't eaten all day besides the blood bags Everly forced me to drink so I didn't desiccate.

"you have to eat" Draco told me.

"I'm not hungry" I replied. How was food going to fill the empty void inside of me. I knew Daphne longer than anyone Ive ever known my whole life. She was part of me and who I am, now that's she's gone, it's like part of me has died.

"excuse me I have to go to the restroom" I stood up, and noticed Everly eyeing me.

My walking speed increased as I walked out of sight. Screw being strong, I want to to make it stop.

"what do you think you're doing?" Everly questioned, walking over to me.

I snapped her neck the second she got close. Everly fell to the ground and soon Draco and Blaise ran over here too.

"Valencia whatever your planning to do is uh very bad and I think you need to stop!" Blaise told me.

I felt tears coming back, "I just need the pain to be gone"

My eyes closed, and I found the switch. Finally I can free myself of this pain. And i'm just a second, it all vanished.

My humanity was off.

This chapter is written really bad i'm sorry