25

I blinked a few times, my vision becoming clear. Where am I?

Everly stood over me, and I sat up, grabbing her wrist as fast as I could. I needed answers right now.

Everly looked down at her wrist, smirking.

"I didn't stir up any emotions did I?" She bickered tauntingly.

I ignored her remark, and stood off the uncomfortable bed. We were in some shabby looking shack in the forest.

"what is this place" I asked, opening the door. Immediately after I felt my skin begin to fry and I jumped back, looking down at my hand.

My daylight ring was missing. She took my ring so I couldn't leave!

"Looking for this?" Everly held my ring up, and then threw it out the window, "Pity"

The ring seemed to disappear mid air, disintegrating from Everly's magic.

That was my mother's ring. My throat tightened and for a moment I thought my emotions would burst.

That was one of the most sentimental items I owned. Daphne gave me it when she turned me into a vampire, and of course it was previously owned by my dead mother.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms and looked back at Everly, an anger arising in the back of my head.

"you're angry I threw your ring...?" She muttered, and let out a breath of air, laughing a bit.

"out of all things" She chuckled, "you're emotional trigger is your daylight ring?! Seriously?"

"how could you be so stupid" I raised my hand and slammed her against the wall with telekinesis, "and out of all emotions, you just had to make anger come back first"

She was in a telekinetic chokehold against the wall, gasping for air. She slowly raised her hand as well and threw me out the wooden door.

I broke through it, feeling splinters in my body. But that wasn't the worst pain, the worst part was the sun on the verge of lighting me on fire.

I speeded back into the shack, collapsing to the ground and glaring back at Everly.

"don't bother fighting back Valencia" Everly taunted, "we both know i'm stronger"

I stood up, my body aching in pain.

"we'll see about that"

***

"what am I going to bloody do" Draco groaned, inside Blaises bedroom.

Blaise shrugged, "i'm sure Dumbledore will find out your back to normal and let you attend  Hogwarts again"

"But i'm not normal!" Draco snapped, "I don't have magic anymore! I'm dead!"

Blaise frowned, and looked down, Draco continued speaking.

"are you sure your parents aren't home? If they hear-"

"no, Draco" Blaise interrupted, "they're in Switzerland for something.."

Draco started down at the floor in thought.

"I need that cure"

Blaise raised his eyebrows, "how can you even get it? Valencia burned Daphnes body with the cure in it"

Draco shook his head hopelessly, "I have no idea, but I will get the cure!" He looked to Blaise, "I feel like a bloody muggle"

"well, there's a new problem" Blaise sighed, "I wonder how it's going with Everly and Valencia"

"Since my humanity is on we might as well go find them" Draco rolled his eyes.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, what if Valencia kills us" Blaise replied.

Draco grabbed Blaises wrist.

"Just apparate us already"

Blaise gave Draco a look showing he didn't approve, but apparated them anyways.

They both landed in a forest, and looked at their surroundings curiously.

"is this a joke Blaise?" Draco glared over at Blaise, "I told you to take us to them"

Blaise looked confused as ever.

"They were supposed to be in a wooden shack.."

Draco looked in the distance and pointed at a huge pile of broken wood in the forest, with other things scattered around it.

"I found it"

"You've got to be kidding me" Blaise jogged over to what once was a shack. There was blood staining a few bits of wood and the grass it covered.

"I hear them" Draco looked in the other direction.

"how can yo- oh nevermind"

Draco looked angry at the reminder and just walked in the direction he could hear. Blaise ran up behind Draco and followed him.

Not long later, even Blaise could hear sounds.

"I think we're getting closer" He said.

"no shit" Draco replied, as they stepped through the forest.

A loud scream echoed through the trees, making them both look at each other anxiously.

"I can't tell if that was Valencia or Everly" Blaise commented, stepping further into the forest.

Suddenly the two of them were faced with Everly on her knees visibly shaking. She looked petrified, and kneeled in-front of a pile of ash.

Tears were streaming down her face, her lips trembled.

"Everly" Blaise cautiously spoke, "wheres Valencia?"

"She- I-" Everly couldn't make out words, her shaking hands motioned the the pile of ash in front of her.

Draco's facial expression dropped, and he realized immediately what happened.

"You didn't- you didn't take her ring off ... right?" He looked down to his expensive shoes, praying in his mind that what he was thinking was wrong.

Everly was loudly breathing. The only sound in the forest was just her panicked, shaking breaths.

"I- Yes.." she stammered, putting a hand on the pile of ash in front of her.

Blaises eyes widened when he realized, and he gasped.

"Valencia burned into ash.." He concluded out loud, saying what everyone was thinking.