💥Distractions

"Let's go idiots. We're done here." Bakugo instructed as they began walking to the exit area. Passing the first part of the exam wasn't as easy as he'd hoped it would be.

He felt a bit irritated that he had to get help from Kaminari of all people to pass this part but he shrugged off the feeling and let it go. For now. He couldn't help but actually be a little impressed with him.

"Alright, now thats some manly teamwork right there wouldn't you say, Bakugo?"

Kirishima. Always trying to bring out the better in people. And he did. He has a strong heart. One of the many things Bakugo admires about him. He keeps going, head on into battle. Not afraid. Just like him.

Bakugo's never afraid.

He can't be. He forces that fear down. Hiding his emotions and letting his sheer adrenaline take place of that fear. That's why he'll be the best. That's why he has to be the best. On his own. At the top. But...

I wonder if that bloodsucker passed yet...

BOOOOMMMM

Gravel began to loosen from the subtle vibration of the earth. A black mushroom cloud formed in the distance. Not too far from where they were at currently.

The three friends stopped in their tracks, staring at the smoke.

"Whoa, what was that?" Kaminari asked nervously. "That kind of looked like your...." He began, shutting up as soon as he saw the look on Bakugo's face. A look Kaminari has never seen on his classmates face before.

Panic.

"You...you don't think that's..." Kirishima spoke in a worried whisper. He'd only seen that big of an explosion from one other person other than Bakugo.

"(Y/N)?" Kaminari asked knitting his brows together also recalling the day at the gym. "But how? That doesn't make sense!" He was confused by the expressions upon his friends faces. Why did they look so worried?

"Well they would've said if something happened right? Maybe she's okay. Or maybe someone from one of the other schools have a similar quirk to yours, Baku...." He rationalized before turning to see him running towards it. "Hey! Wait! Where you going?"

Bakugo ran without thinking, zipping through the air with blasts shooting out from his palms to give him more momentum. The wind blowing through his hair, feeling cool against the drops of sweat from his anxiety. He had no idea why he was rushing towards you. For all he knew, you were fine. But something in his gut, no, something in his heart told him otherwise.

The closer he reached the smoke, he began to see students littered around the scene. Paramedics arriving from the distance. His feet harshly landed on the ground and his eyes searched desperately for you.

"Where is she?" He asked impatiently feeling deeper in his gut that it was you as he pushed through the crowd. There were a few barricades placed by a quirk users arm. Blocking off the area of a deep hole.

He was about to hop over it when one of the paramedics stopped him. "Move back, young man. We're trying to work this out safely. We don't need you to get in the way," He explained bluntly.

"Let me through, dammit! I can get her out!" He shouted without thought. They were taking too long. And if something happened to you while you were down there then they could possibly find out what you are. Who knows what they'd do if they found out. If everyone found out...

No. He couldn't let that happen. He put out his palms and clenched his jaw in frustration. His mind was no longer clear.

"Hey, Kacchan, calm down! They'll get them out," Midoriya grabbed his arm before he could take off, earning himself a violent push.