💥Prologue

Katsuki Bakugo was never one to show fear. Some would even say he was fearless. Always chasing the action, ready to follow and surpass his favorite hero, All Might. He viewed himself as unshakable. He would be the strongest, the best. He was well on his way.

But there was one thing that would have him tossing and turning in the depths of the night. Something he'd never admit to anyone. A story once told to him by a classmate at the young age of five. A story of the vampire. And how no hero would dare cross one.

Not even All Might.

Icy pricks ran through your veins as you squirmed on the floor digging your bleeding fingernails in the earth. The pain traveling through every inch of your body causing you to choke on your own screams. The final moments of your heartbeat pounded rapidly against your chest. A burning sensation now consuming your every movement, breath, and thought. You found some strength to grab your chest, trying to calm yourself so you could get back up and fight. As you slowly lifted yourself off the ground, another surge of pain ran through your body, now feeling like your skin was breaking apart. You let out a gut wrenching scream hoping someone would hear you.

"There's no use, (Y/N). Stop resisting." The man who caused all this trouble spoke, now hovering over your trembling body. He observed you intently, waiting for the transition to take. But he could see your resistance, your fight. Your will to live.

He laid his black, leather boot on top of your chest, keeping you pinned to the ground. You lifted your hand to activate your quirk on him, but the greatness of the pain harbored your concentration. It was no use.

"Why...Please...It...hurts," You choked out trying to free from the weight he applied. Your breathing dangerously slowed as your heart was now giving out. You felt the pain decreasing and you couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing.

"Shhh," He whispered removing his boot and now kneeling next to you. The redness of his eyes glowing with satisfaction as the final stage was now taking place. You could make out a nasty scar that decorated his porcelain face. He gently tucked a piece of your (H/C) hair behind your ear. Admiring your writhing state slowly calm as your veins were exposed through your skin. You were becoming weaker as your breath haggard. Your eyes beginning to gloss over.

You were simply beautiful.

His first successful subject. He could watch you like this forever. His sense of pride returning after countless failures. He knew you'd make it. He knew it was going to work this time. Because of your fight, because of your strength. He knew you were the one to live out his goals.

The glow of your skin proved this. You attempted to move, but you were now paralyzed. Your eyes glanced up to the sky now dazed and slightly hollow. You thought back to your older brother, Kai, who was probably blowing up your phone, wondering where you could be. Your little sister, Emma, who was waiting for you to take her for ice cream after school today.

I have to fight this. For them.

But it hurts...

So much...

****
You opened your eyes, surrounded by nothing but darkness.

Where am I?

Am I dreaming?

The image of your passed mother and father appeared before you, smiling at you, telling you everything's going to be okay. The last day you had seen them, they had told you that you were meant for great things. Now they were here, telling you to follow them into the blinding light that surrounded them.

"Come with us, Darling. It's okay. Your brother and sister will be okay." Your mother's sweet voice rang through your ears and she held out her hand for you. Looking around, there was nothing else but them. Your father cupped his hands around your cheeks. He traced his thumb back and forth with a loving expression upon his face.