💥Monster Under The Bed

"Quit messing around. (Y/N)'s not a vampire. Vampires don't have feelings, remember," Kirishima reassured his friend.

There was no way. From what the red head heard, Vampires were stone cold killers. They didn't feel, breath, or move if they didn't need to. And they were killers. He didn't want to believe it.

"I'm not messing around, dumbass! I've been noticing since she started. And then during the training she...hypnotized me...or something, remember," Bakugo argued before hearing your footsteps from the hallway.

Kirishima shushed him and they both went back to pretending to study, glancing at you as you opened the door.

"My brother said dinner's ready if you want to join," You announced sweetly.

Kirishima shot a look at Bakugo and he simply gave a single nod.

"We'll be right down!" The red head breamed. But you could see his that bright smile of his falter. A small cringe of fear that you could recognize a mile away. You could see the nervous sweat building up on his face. And when you looked at Bakugo, there was no fear, just accusation written all over his face.

"Okay...So I guess, I'll have to explain when you come down," You sighed at them turning to head downstairs.

You hated feeling this tension. The only way to break it was to be honest. And pray that they don't tell anyone or see you as a monster.

"Kai, I'm going to tell them," you announced to your brother as you reentered the kitchen to help set the table. His eyes widened with anxiety.

"(Y/n)! You can't do that! They'll expose you! What if they kick you out of school! You can't!" He reasoned franticly as the two of you got bowls of the food together.

"I think it'll be okay. I have a hunch," you said calmly, your senses picking up that the boys were heading down the stairs.

"But....(Y/N)..." Kai began until you interrupted him. He ran his fingers nervously through his chestnut locks.

"Hey, trust me. Besides, I'm sure Bakugo figured it out already and I just want to explain to him that I'm not a threat...even if his scent in incredibly strong. I can control myself. I'm not an animal or a monster," You quietly explained to your worried brother. But you couldn't tell who you were trying to convince more. Him or yourself. "Now, go call Emma to come and eat. Things will be fine."

***

The four of you ate in silence as Emma went on and on about her day at school. She was now in kindergarten and it was as if everyday was an adventure for her. You couldn't help but admire your little sister's excitement.

After a long, uncomfortable silence, you decided it was time to speak up.

"So...you figured it out, huh?" You asked looking directly at Bakugo who had been glaring at you this whole time giving you chills.

"Yeah. I did. What the hell are you doing going to school at UA or at all?" He asked with a bit of attitude. Kirishima just looked at you stunned.

"But...Bakugo, she's eating food...that's not..." He stuttered out feeling a bit frightened now at where this conversation was going.

"I can still eat food. It just doesn't do much for me. Like it doesn't make the thirst go away. I just eat it cause its comforting and my taste buds are still there. I like it. I'm not much different from you. I still feel and everything. I'm just....kind of dead...I guess...my heart just doesn't beat and my blood isn't red. There's only certain things I can't do that normal humans do," You tried to make him understand.