💥Play Pretend

The whole class gathered in front of the school with their bags, ready to start training camp. The excitement danced within everyone. 

"Woo! Who's ready for camp!" Mina cheered jumping up and down with Kaminari and a very red Uraraka as they chanted excitedly. They made you laugh and you matched their enthusiasm. 

"Hey (Y/N), do you think we'll be able to go hiking while we're there? I got some special hiking shoes when we went to the mall the other day," Kirishima asked making conversation while you all waited for the bus. 

You let out a little whine, remembering that you were stuck in your regular shoes for the whole trip since you spent all your money fangirling over a bird. 

"I hope so. But I don't have the right shoes for it, so I might sit it out," you said with a little pout. 

"Nonsense! You have to go! Bakugo too. He loves to hike," he mentioned nudging you with a small wink.

Um...okay? 

"We'll have to see th..." you started to say before being interrupted by a loud, obnoxious voice.

You glanced over to see all of class 1B arriving in front of the school, waiting for their bus as well since they'd be joining you all on this trip. 

"Oh why isn't it the infamous Class 1A! Ha! And with four failures from the exams! How embarrassing! Aren't you guys supposed to be the superior class?" A familiar voice mocked the class. 

I didn't realize these two classes had beef. 

You froze when you recognized the blonde boy who was being incredibly rude to your class. His attention caught yours and his eyes widened. 

"No way! (Y/N)?" He asked as if he was seeing things. He hadn't seen you since your third year in junior high. And with the way things were left between the two of you...

"Neito Monoma. Funny running into you here." You muttered through gritted teeth causing Katsuki to turn his attention to the altercation. He was curious. How did you know this idiot? He stepped a bit closer to eavesdrop. 

You walked closer to him knowing he'd want to talk to you now that he spotted you. And you didn't want the rest of the class to hear your conversation with the class 1b student. 

Ugh, why was he still so pretty. Get ahold of yourself! 

"You transferred schools? Why didn't you tell me? You were aware I was attending UA," he wondered putting his hand to his chest topped off with a small pout.

You rolled your eyes. He knew why you didn't mention it to him. You had half an urge to drain him right then and there.

But of course you wouldn't. Just a fleeting thought.

"Maybe because I was hoping to avoid you for the rest of eternity," you spat out in response turning away from him. You were a bit stunned to see Katsuki standing so close to the two of you. Was he eavesdropping? 

"Aw, don't be like that, Sweetheart. Now that you're here we can pick up where we left off. What do you say?" Monoma teased inching closer to you, your back still turned to him. 

You suddenly felt the wheels turning in your head.

Oh no, (Y/N). Don't do it. Don't say it. 

"Uh..actually I have a boyfriend now," you said looking up and seeing Katsuki's confused face. He narrowed his eyes at you. He didn't know if you actually had one, but he could see your mind rotating ideas. 

You turned your heels and gave Monoma a smile satisfied by his silence. He didn't respond for a good minute. Just eyeing you the whole time. His lips quickly formed an unconvinced smirk.