💥Welcome Home

"Welcome home, (Y/N)!"

Mina cried into your shirt as she threw her arms around you. "I've missed you so much!" 

Kirishima and Kaminari behind her waiting for their turn to smother you. Everyone had staged a well thought out welcome back party for you when you announced you were coming back to UA earlier than expected. It had been a week and a half since you went into a short coma. And you had some unfinished things to do before you had to leave.

But seeing the faces of your friends and classmates made it harder. It made it more real. And when your eyes searched through room looking for someone in particular, he was no where to be found.

'It's better this way.' You thought. Seeing him would've made it almost impossible. And with this new information that you were given by that evil man the other day, how on earth were you supposed to act normal around him.

"So you want to tell us what happened?"

"Yeah, what on earth was that explosion!"

"I thought it was Bakugo for a second!"

"Are you okay?"

"Did you get a new quirk?"

You stammered a bit trying to figure out which question to answer first. When a familiar voice chimed in from behind you, just coming in from outside.

"Are you guys idiots? Mr. Aizawa said not to badger her with questions!"

You froze. Not daring to look back at him. The hairs on the back of your neck standing up and your palms kneading balls of sweat. You simply wiped them on your pants. Your words sticking to your throat. You tried to take a peek of him, making your heart sink, but quickly looked away.

And it didn't go unnoticed. Why were you being so hesitant? He noticed you fidgeting with your hands like you were trying to hide them. But he can see the very subtle smoke escaping from them as you balled up your fingers to suppress it.

Something was up.

"Hey, (Y/N). My sister heard about what happened and she made these cookies for you. It looks like you'll be training with Bakugo and me to retake the provisional license exam." Todoroki mentioned with a soft, gentle tone while handing you a small tin box.

"Ha, yeah looks like it." You smiled, pushing your feelings aside for the moment to continue playing this part. "Thank you so much. I look forward to training with you...both of you." You awkwardly added still not making full eye contact with Bakugo.

After answering a few questions vaguely, you pushed passed your classmates to retrieve to your room. "If you guys don't mind, I'm actually kind of tired." You slowly backed up into the hall to try to escape. "I think I'm just going to go sleep it off..."

As you turned to go back to your dorm, a hand caught your wrist. Startling you as a small spark formed from your hand. You looked up to see it was Kirishima and he didn't miss your reaction. You snatched your hand out of his. "Oh, uh, sorry. I'm just a little jumpy."

His face was now full of concern. "Hey, no worries. I was just going to let you know that if you need anything. Anything at all, I'm here for you. Okay?"

And those words immediately broke the wall you were attempting to build up. He was someone you trusted with your whole being. One of the only ones, besides Bakugo, that could see through any facade you attempted to put on. Maybe, talking is what you needed. And you didn't want your friends to worry over you.

"Milkshakes later?" You asked.

Kirishima could see the pleading in your eyes. The emotion in your face. And he knew it. He knew you needed someone. He could feel your energy off. So he nodded and gave you a reassuring smile. "Of course."