💥Long Time No See

"He's going to do great things for the Hero Commision when he graduates."

"Such a smart boy, that one."

"I bet he'll follow in his father's footsteps."

Before the accident, Kai Aoki was one of the most tech savy students at Ketsubetsu. Studying in the support courses, he already had jobs lined up for him once he gradutated.

But that day never came.

Dropping out with no hesitation once his parents passed to take care of his siblings. It was eiter that or they'd be put into foster care. The choice was an easy one. One that he wouldn't change if he had the chance. Because he loved his sisters. And vowed to protect them.

No matter what the cost.

So when you showed up at the house, shaking with fear, desperate and lost, he was terrified. He didn't know how to help you. He just watched as you push past him and lock yourself inside the basement.

The way you clawed away at your throat, trying to rip out the thirst that was flourishing before you. He was so confused.

You screamed in agony from the other side of the door. He just listened. Afraid. A coward.

He began to cry when you begged him to stay away. Why he listened for that long, he'll always be ashamed of. Those moments of pain that you were in, were because of him. Because he couldn't help you.

When you explained what happened, he knew what he had to do the help. And he was afraid to open the door. The only thing keeping you from losing control.

But he blamed himself. He was supposed to walk you home that day. If he had been there...maybe none of this would have happened to you.

He pushed open the door, ignoring your pleads to stay away. You were a mess. Your whole body trembling, fighting yourself from submitting to the serum that was forced into your veins. Because the hunger didn't care that he was your brother. It didn't care who was right before you.

Blood is blood.

So when you pounced onto him, blood lust clouding your senses, he was terrified. But he knew this was what you needed. And he believed, underneath all of the fear that possessed him at this moment, that you'd come to your senses and he'd be okay.

He just needed to have faith in you.

"If..I don't make it out of this. Please take care of Emma."

The strength was returning to you. The familiar voice ringing in your ear as your eyes began to clear. You looked down to see your fangs dug inside your brothers neck. His skin growing pale and his eyes shut. He felt...

Lifeless.

You forced yourself off. Disgusted with what you had become. Wanting to cry, begging for him to wake up.

But he didn't.

Not until a few days later when he was taken to the hospital. He looked around to see Aizawa sitting beside him, Emma asleep on the recliner in the corner.

You disappeared for a few weeks. No one knew where you had gone. You just vanished.

Kai was the one who found who found you. Living in an abandoned cabin. It was almost destroyed. But you made it work. You were filthy, covered in blood. Animal blood. Trying to distance yourself as far as possible from human life.

And the only place you could think of was your parents old cabin. The one your family used to vacation in. Before it was destroyed in a storm.

So of course Kai would find you there. He'd almost forgot it existed. It wasn't as important to him as it was to you. He knew that. The ghost of past memories haunting the place. It's where you found comfort when you were this lost.