Cedric Diggory- Fake Date

❀𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀❀

The Yule ball was coming in in a few weeks and you still needed a date. You knew it was a little early but all of your friends have already found dates.

It was always annoying when your friends' dates came to your table during lunch.

Your friends weren't exactly the best type of people but you didn't have anybody else.

You were sitting next to your friend Kat and her date James Randelson "y/n I don't see your date anywhere" he commented.

"Yep," you said through clenched teeth.

"You know what that means y/n, no one has asked you," Kat said, with a shit-eating grin.

"Why did you feel the need to say that Kat," you said shaking your head.

"Just reminding you to step up your game, it's kinda sad" she stuck her arm around James. Giving you a smug look you would love to slap off.

"Well guess what I have a date" She unhooked her arm from James showing interest.

"Oh, really who?"

"His name is...he has a name" you panicked internally.

"Just spit it out"

"Uh they asked me"

"God y/n just say the bloke's name," James said irritated.

"Err- Cedric"

"That's funny now say his name y/n" Kat shook her head and leaned it against James

"You think Cedric wouldn't ask me, I'm offended"you attempted to make a light joke, only resulting in Kat giving you a judging look.

"Whatever, James said he would take me to Hogsmeade today"

"I did?"

"You did."

You smiled waving them bye before rushing up to find Cedric, because you know Kat would meddle in your business, by looking for Cedric and asking him about you.

You found him laughing with his friends on the great lawn.

He's pretty popular, and his friends aren't the kindest people.

You walked over to him trying to look casual. "Hey Cedric, can I talk to you, uh alone"

His friends whooped and hollered. "Yeah cedriccc"

He just brushed them off walked up to you.

"Yeah what is it..."

"Y/n?"

"Sorry I don't remember your name, I don't believe we have met"

"No, we haven't which makes this a lot harder to say, "ikindaliedtomyfriendaboutmydateandisaiditwasyou"

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down y/n, you said something about a date and friends"