Neville Longbottom- Old school sweethearts

❀𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀❀

"How long has it been Neville," you said with joy in your tone.

"About 15 years I suppose, what are you doing now, what's your job" he smiles back.

"I'm on the team, the Hollyhead Harpies"

"Oh, right I remember you used to talk about that all the time back at school," he says remembering.

You had run into Neville at diagonally, you were shopping for your kids supplies, it was her first year.

A while ago, you and your husband, your child's father divorced. It just wasn't working out.

You and your daughters life only went up from there.

You were happy being a single mom, but it had its consequences, very taxing and overbearing. Being away from home a lot touring with the team put a toll on your relationship with your daughter.

Your daughter, Jade, knew you loved her with all your heart, though you had to be away constantly.

"Yeah, I'm the Keeper, we have a match next weekend in Belgium. By then Jade will be in Hogwarts so I won't have to worry about who will be with her. But enough about me, I hear your a teacher now" you smiled at him.

His face reddens and looks down at his plant that he is carrying.

"Can you guess what I teach" he says

"Let me guess" you put on a fake thinking face "transfig?" You joked.

Both of you laugh, in the moment you could feel a beautiful wave of nostalgia wash over you.

"Mom can I get this please" Jade's high voice broke your conversation.

"Yes sweetie what is it? will it help with school"

She showed a box that on the front said

"Skiving Snackbox"

"Jade sweetie when did you find time to go to leave my side" you ruffled her hair. You looked at Neville briefly smiling. You were both in Fred and George's shop.

"Well, it was when you stopped to talk to him. Is he your new boyfriend mom" she said with a nonchalant voice?

"Jade no, and go to the cashier and wait for me" your voice suddenly stern.

She raised her eyebrow before walked towards the back of the store.

You turned back to Neville with a red face.

"So your single y/n" Neville said with interest, "I thought that you were married to that one auror"

"Nope, not since last year, it didn't work out anymore. Are you single Neville, or are you still with Abbott"

"We broke up 2 years ago, I wanted more and she didn't. But we are on good terms now" he said a little too excitedly.

You laughed a little. Your head turned to see your daughter waiting impatiently.

"I have to go Neville, but I will see you..in- when will I see you" in all honesty you did want to see him.

You missed him desperately. Hopefully, he felt the same. Both of your relationships didn't work and it could only be a coincidence.

"I'll be at the platform," he said

"I'll be sure to look for you" you gave him a good hug, you both pulled away to part ways.