Shadows

Shaking, she lightly grabbed his icy hands and said her goodbyes. " goodbye maverick, I'll love you, always." She watched as the life flowed out of him, as his small body grew limp, as the colour of his skin faded to icy blue, as his lips parted, his eyes rolled back and as his chest stopped rising. She sat there, upon the dusty tiles as the memories of all those years flooded in waves through her mind.

She knew who was responsible for all these dead souls, she knew they would pay with their life. She then let go of mavericks icy hand and stood up, she pushed through the searing pain that was constantly radiating through her bones. Tears trickled down her cheeks as she looked around her and only saw mounds of limbs and bodies each bloodier than the next, familiar faces peered back at her with lifeless expressions their eyes dull and glossed over, how could she let this happen she thought. She felt useless and weak. She heard footsteps slowly start approaching her, she turned with anger in her veins, to see her last living relative, her sister celeste.

" Ellie what happened" she said fearfully.  Her brown eyes squinting in order to make out her sisters silhouette.

" it was her...." she said knowing Celeste would know who she meant. Celeste's eyes widened in recognition. Fear coursing through their veins. All of a sudden the doors to the dinning hall burst open revealing the woman who destroyed her whole world.

" SEREPHINA, HOW COULD YOU?!!" She screamed shaking with overwhelming anger. Her mind was hectic, not one thought could stay around long enough to be evaluated. She felt irrational and overwhelmed.

" I did what had to be done... now it's your turn." Serephina spoke. A wicked smile plastered across her face, "do you feel no remorse for the crimes you have committed?" She screamed to whoever would listen, "do you feel no guilt for the lives you have stolen?" Elowyns sharp fingernails stabbed through her palms allowing crimson to trickle down her wrists and onto the mounds of bodies thrown beside her, adding to the river of red that flowed down the tiles. She couldn't control the madness that plotted against her- the same anger that led her up this very event.

Seraphinas expression twisted. She tilted her head and pondered Elowyns words. " well..." she began, her eyes meeting hers, " no." She laughed, those words made her blood boil. She wanted to strangle that witch, to feel the life slip out of her just as she had down to so many innocent people.

" you evil bastard!" She screamed, her nails dug deeper into her palms, she gritted her teeth under the pain and pressure but still she squeezed her fists tighter together if only because she was afraid of what she might do if she let them go.

Celeste stood silently behind her, unable to move, unable to speak. She said nothing in her sisters defence nor in the defence of her people- their people.

Phasmatos rigescunte induate" seraphina cast a spell on both girls to make sure they couldn't move. Elowyn felt so restricted, she was trapped in her place, only her eyes could move, and her lips.

" now I may continue." She said whilst picking up the only thing that could kill elowyn and Celeste, the Amethyst sword. It glimmered under the thin stream of moonlight that seeped through the manors stain glass windows.

" WHY?" She begged for an answer, " Why all of them? Their lives meant something!" She cried, she pleaded for an answer, but was met with a curious gaze instead. " You could have just killed me and been done with!"

"Why..." her voice trailed off, her hands were growing numb, much like her heart.

" How could you be so naive? So innocent not to see?" Serephina asked, her clear blue eyes glinting under the moonlight as she approached the sisters at a steady pace.

Why did she call her innocent? What didn't she know? What wasn't she telling her? " what are you talking about?" She asked genuinely curious. She hated feeling this lost.

" Your family wanted you to die. They didn't see you as fit. They didn't think you should be the most powerful person because they didn't think you were good enough." Serephinas words hit hard. With every word-every syllable, her mind wandered off into a darker place.

"Is that true Celeste?" She looked at her sister heart broken. Celeste's brown eyes glinted with guilt, her frown deepened and her hands clenched at her sides as much as they could . It was true! My own sister betrayed me?

" yes, i never thought you should die that was fathers idea. He said it was the only way, I promise you I would never hurt you." Celeste said holding back her tears, I could tell that she wanted to rush over to me, to beg me for my forgiveness but she wasn't able to.

" Well you just did, you know what Serephina kill me. I don't have anything worth living for anyways." Elowyn yelled as her voice gave out, yes it was dramatic but blatantly true. All her people were dead, their lifeless faces and dismembered bodies were proof of that. Her kingdom was in shambles and her family betrayed her.

" No, Elowyn don't give up, please." Celeste yelled as her eyes clouded with tears, while Serephina was coming over, prepared to stab elowyn with the amethyst dagger Celeste mumbled a protection spell under her breath for Elowyn. The protection spell would make it so in order for elowyn to be saved she would sacrifice her own life. A life for a life. Black magic some would say.

"Come on Serephina I don't have all day I have already planned out my stay in hell." Elowyn said while she closed her eyes. After seconds she opened them she looked down and saw a blade sticking out of her. Somehow how she didn't even feel as the cold metal blade pierced her abdomen and twisted within her. But beside her where her sister stood she could see that she was fighting off some sort of pain by the way her mouth was twitching.

" Goodbye my sister, I love you, always." Elowyn said as she crumbled to the floor, next to maverick. The spell lifted and Celeste finally could move, she ran over to maverick and Elowyn, hoping that the spell would work. She knew it did when she felt her life slipping away. She looked around seeing her once lively home filled with lifeless bodies.

" I'll meet you in hell." Celeste said to Serephina, not bothering to meet her icy stare as she intertwined fingers with Maverick and Elowyns cold hands and let her last breath slip  from her lungs. " I love you alw...." She mumbled with her last breath.

—————————————————————
Ok this chapter was like kind of depressing but i don't care. I hope you liked it.

Check out my new story called "Eunoia" it's also tvd but based on the adoptive sister of Caroline Forbes who has secret powers.

- K