Youre somebody else

The howls echoed through the brush of the dark forest. I could see the glimmer of their bright yellow eyes, so inhuman, they were the colour of the lanterns that I used to release into the night sky with my brothers and sisters in the tradition of the royal family. Now the colour curses my vision and messes with my mind. Their leader had incredible power, stolen from those who worked against me,so many moons ago. He approached as his pack Scavenged the forest looking for their next meals, they'd assume to be me.
But he didn't, he stepped forward, in his human-esque form and stared into my eyes. His eyes were filled with nothing but hatred and murder, his smirk revealed bloodied fangs that had claimed the lives of many.
" Hello, daughter." He growled.

Sweat trickled down my neck and forehead, I gasped for air as if it was my first breath after being reborn. The dream felt so real, it felt like I was there like was really there... before I could think the door to my bedroom burst open, it revealed two familiar faces.

" Hey, Winnie," Damon smirked, but his smirk was quick to fade when he saw my face, I don't know what he saw on my face. Maybe it was the pure horror my face held or maybe it was my bed head but it was something to cause the Damon Salvatore, famous for his annoying smirks to stop smirking. Caroline was behind him, she rushed forward with a swift whoosh and engulfed me in just about the tightest hug I've ever been given. I melted into her embrace as she stroked my head, running her fingers through my hair in hopes of easing my mood. She stopped after a minute or so and pulled back. She held my shoulders as she stared into my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared behind her at Damon who shrugged his shoulders.

" Care...?" I asked. She nodded.

" what is happening right now?" I asked in confusion.

" Your eyes..." she mumbled and got up to stand with Damon at the far side of the room away from my bed. I threw the sheets off my partially exposed body, I was wearing little to nothing. Only wearing a pale blue bra that was slightly lined and laced, my shorts hung low,below my stomach, comfortably. I tiredly walked across the room towards my standing mirror. I wasn't expecting to see what I saw.

My eyes. They were not their usual plain brown, no, they were bright purple, shimmering like stars and reflecting every bit of light my windows provided, making them seem angelic. They were breathtaking, they could not be mine. I touched my eye with my fingers, it had to be just the light.

" are they..." I mumbled, they both nodded furiously fast.

"How," I mumbled to myself. I had thought it was a dream...but maybe it was more than a dream. Maybe it was an enchantment, an enchantment that left my eyes a crystalline purple, shimmering with golden highlights in the form of stars.

They left my room after that. I sat there in front of the mirror trying to get in contact with the goddess. I had so many questions. But nothing was working, no spell, nothing. So I decided to work on another project but for this one I needed help. I dialled Bonnie's number, and it began to ring. After the second ring, she answered.

"Hello?" 

" Hey Bonnie, it's me, Elowyn. I was just wondering if you may want to go on a run with me? I just really need to ask you something,"

" oh um... well, I'm kind of with Jeremy right now, maybe later?" I sighed.

" Oh no it's alright, thank you anyways." I hung up.

I flipped through the book and ran my finger down the page until I met her name on the list. She resided in Calamine hall near the university. It was nice to know she'd enjoyed school. I stood up and walked to my closet where I pieced together a nice outfit, it was a hot summery day so I'd need to wear thin short layers.