The sword fight

I strolled through the ominous and shadowy woods, marveling at how seamlessly everything melded together. The forest was Elowyn and her siblings' training ground, where they spent countless hours honing their skills. For Elowyn, training was a source of pride and strength. But then, a sickening feeling washed over her, memories flooding back, both good and bad, reminding her of the darkness within.

"Elowyn Marie Castillo, you must confront your past to truly accept yourself," the goddess' voice echoed in her mind. "The light outweighs the dark. You're not a monster; remember that."

But the memories were too painful, and tears streamed down her cheeks. Damon, his concern palpable, rushed to her side as her sobs grew louder. "Elowyn, what's wrong?" he asked, trying to comfort her.

But Elowyn was lost in her anguish, trapped in her own mind. "Make it stop!" she cried out, her anguish echoing through the forest.

Damon knew he had to act. "Elowyn, I'm taking you back," he said firmly, helping her to her feet.

Her mother's voice resounded in her head, urging her to hide her weaknesses. With determination, Elowyn composed herself. "I'm ready," she declared, refusing to show any more vulnerability.

Damon, hesitant but willing to oblige, prepared to spar with her. "I won't go easy on you," he warned.

"Good," Elowyn replied confidently. "May the best warrior win."

Their battle was fierce, but Elowyn's skill prevailed. As Damon lay defeated, she caught her breath, victorious. "That was fun," she remarked, her confidence unshaken.

Damon, impressed, inquired about her fighting prowess. "Where did you learn to fight like that?"

Elowyn, accustomed to facing skepticism from men, brushed off his surprise. "Years of training and battles," she explained simply.

Damon's curiosity persisted. "Were you a soldier?"

Elowyn's response hinted at her past as a warrior. "I fought alongside warriors, never losing a battle," she revealed.

Damon's astonishment grew. "So, you're royalty?" he surmised.

Elowyn nodded, a tinge of sadness in her voice. "I was heir to the throne, destined to be queen. But I was killed."

Damon realized he had overstepped. "I'm sorry," he murmured, regret coloring his words.

Trying to change the subject, Damon suggested they grab a drink. "You're legal age, right?"

Elowyn confirmed laughing with a hint of irony, "Yes, I died at 21."

——————————————-———————
The next chapter is going to continue right after this one.
-k