Proverbs 5:3-4 NLT

"For the lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil. But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double edged sword."

Once upon a time, I listened to Cardi B. Not anymore but one song that she was in, had this line that pops in my head every now and then.

It said, "Why is the best fruit always forbidden?"

And to that, I disagree.

That fruit in the garden that was supposedly "good for food" and "pleasant to the eyes" may have not even been the best tasting fruit in the garden. It could have tasted horrible and let's not forget its side effects.

When you eat a tangerine, your mouth is tangy for a while. They ate this fruit and got kicked out of the garden.

So was it really the best fruit?

It's like how, for some people, they're told not to do something and that makes them want to do it more. Reverse psychology. It's not like doing that thing is always a good idea but they'd just want to, for the sake of wanting to.

It shouldn't be so.

Temptation is a constant thing in the life of a Christian. You'll be presented with some content and have to reject some, for the sake of the Greater One who you believe in and because you don't want to abuse His grace. You may be pressured by people around you and could end up losing a couple of friends. Don't even get me started on the persecution.

And like the promiscuous woman in this verse, what's wrong may feel so right or appealing but remember that we don't operate on feelings alone. We operate with God's Word. Our hearts can be deceitful. Our minds can be confused. Our thoughts can be haywire.

We change how we see ourselves sometimes. God doesn't.

You've always and will always be the beautiful being that He created and you're loved more than you know.

So when, like this woman, temptations come, remind yourself who you are to God and how temporary things of this life are.

Then Flourish :)

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, I pray that in whatever circumstance, I'll have the consciousness of who I am to You. I pray that I'll never forget how valuable I am to You. Lord, let me not depend on my own emotions and understanding, but to seek You in all I do because You will never lead me astray. Thank You for Your love and faithfulness. In Jesus Name. Amen.